fatigue

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fatigue

Postby Niblet » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:23 am

Hi, I need help with awful fatigue. I have had it before but this is the worst ever. I feel like I am slowly dying. It is an effort to breathe and I feel numb and really weak all over and can barely speak. Is this normal for fibro?
Thanks
Niblet
UKFM Member

fatigue

Postby MsBabylove11 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 am

Yeh that's pretty normal huni, not all people get the major fatigue but I have been there b4 so I know how you feel, maybe speak to you're doc about your meds because some that I'm on now and some I took in the past deffo helped with the fatigue! Also it might be an idea if you haven't done so already to get the doc to test you're thyroid? Ask for both tests to be done (google it) as the docs usually only test one level and what's normal for most people may be abnormal for you?! Just a thought!

Hope u feel better soon xxx
MsBabylove11
UKFM Member

Re: fatigue

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 am

Niblet wrote:Hi, I need help with awful fatigue. I have had it before but this is the worst ever. I feel like I am slowly dying. It is an effort to breathe and I feel numb and really weak all over and can barely speak. Is this normal for fibro?
Thanks

See your GP especially if your having breathing problems. Yes fatigue can make you feel this way but its to rule out any other problems.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby djgs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am

I'm having real problems with fatigue this last month, just getting out of bed is a real effort for me. I have had my thyroid tested and am on levothyroxine but it has not seemed to help but would definitely go to docs if breathing is a struggle
djgs
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Niblet ,The fatigue is the thing about this illness that really get me down, other symptoms can be managed with the meds but nothing they can do for the fatigue or so I have been told .

I am slowly learning to manage it but still really need to remember that just cause I feel okish doesn't mean I've turned into superwoman. Doing too much one day mean too much bed the next!

:hugs:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Carole » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:47 am

Thats what made me think that my pain was more than arthritis that i had suffered with for years ... before I was diagnosed ..you describe it perfectly ..it does feel like you are slowly dying ..drifting away it is quite frightening.
hope it soon passes
carole
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby positivethinker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Niblet, fatigue and difficulty in breathing is often a sign of anaemia. Maybe you are iron deficient? See your doc for a blood test, but maybe you should think about taking an iron supplement each day in the meantime. The sachets from the chemist are the best.
positivethinker
UKFM Member

Postby tabithakat64 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

I think most people with fibro suffer at times with really debilitating fatigue, I certainly get to the stage where even the smallest thing such as turning over in bed is almost overwelming as the dragging fatigue is so bad.
tabithakat64
UKFM Member

Postby tazza » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Niblet

:yikes: I sure as heck know how you're feeling !!

and it ain't nice either is it :crazy:

Gentle :hugs:
Tara xx

FM/CF June 2011
tazza
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Just check you are not anaemic. I thought mine was all fibro and I was dangerously anaemic. Also anytime you feel breathing is problematic do get it checked. Again anaemia can make one breathless. Hope you feel better soon.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 pm

sorry just seen anaemia already mentioned. didn't read thoroughly enough.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Niblet » Sun May 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks everyone, blood count is ok so I guess it's just one of the many fibro things we have to cope with. I have found that the supplement CoQ10 really helps when I feel the fatigue coming on.
Niblet
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia