Soles of my feet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Soles of my feet

Postby sknowles456 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Does anyone else get sore soles of their feet. i was walking around town today with cowboy boots with a very small cuban heel. They did not have cushioned soles but are a sturdy make, anyway my feet feel so sore now. this is something new to me and i usually dont have such a problem, my feet arent cracked or anything just very sore even now i have put my slippers on, does anyone else find this? Suzy x
sknowles456
UKFM Member

Re: Soles of my feet

Postby maxtomads » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Mine feel as though they're sunburned & very tender underneath. I also get throbby feet every evening

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby bekwey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi! :) Yep I get it too:( If I change shoes sometimes my feet sort of turn to wood, or feel like that, and then if I don't take the shoes off I get a cramp/toothache pain that can go right up the leg :( If it isn't one thing it is the other eh :(
:roll:
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby Poseypig » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 pm

My feet are always sore, doesn't matter what sort of shoes I wear. From the second I get out of bed I feel like I'm walking on broken glass. Even when sitting I get tingling sensations in my feet. Get small blisters over my feet too that are really itchy.
Poseypig
UKFM Member

Postby Melauda » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm so glad that it is not just me. Had numerous tests, x-rays and physiotherapy and still have been given no answers by any of the doctors.
It started with my right foot a couple of years before I was diagnosed with Fibro and was told it could be arthritis and now it has moved to my other foot and feels like I have jumped from a high place on to flat feet, :roll: :roll:
When they say you learn something new every day, why does it usually mean a new symptom :(
Melauda
UKFM Newbie

Postby isitme » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:54 pm

i get this especially in morning really annoying, feels like my feet are cramping up or something.

weird.
:-) :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby bjj12 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:06 pm

I have had this for months. I get out of bed in the morning and I hobble in pain to the bathroom. My Gp diagnosed Plantar Faciitis - this was before I got my FM diagnosis. He suggested that I wear my trainers more (I was wearing very thin soled summer shoes at the time). This has helped quite a bit. I also see a reflexologist and she has suggested stretching my feet before getting out of bed in the morning - this too has helped. Hold onto your toes and pull sort of upwards.

I wonder now if the Plantar Faciiitis was actually all part of my FM making itself known.

I am also looking into buying some "Fit Flops" shoes/boots as these seem to help the symptoms.

Bjj
bjj12
UKFM Member

Postby LuluAnne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:57 pm

I have developed this over the last year and been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. I have bought an orthotic for my shoe to support my heel and sleep every night in a special night splint to keep the muscle stretched. I don't like the splint but it seems to be doing the job and I don't have as much pain as often but when I am stressed it seems to play up again like most of the other Fibro. symptoms.
LuluAnne
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:37 pm

oooo every sympathy with you me feet burn 24/7 but only started abou 8months ago and its never budged, it feels as though you had high heels on all nite and feet are burning, i walk around in crocs(ugly shoes) but lovely n comfy it helps with my heels that thing thats called palntitis fascists tendons or summit like that x feet are annoying and tingle all the time..x how many more symptons with this fibromyalgia???? theres a lot aint there, what gets ,me is ive done nothing to hurt any1 and would help any1 so why me!!! i want to help ppl but cant cos of this fibro :( :( like all of you like to help ppl but we cant x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 pm

I went for 10 min walk in my wooley boots yesterday to place a poppy cross at the memorium and when i got back my feet were burning and so sore it felt like i had been dancing in heels all night. It wasnt nice at all. x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Angel777 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:17 pm

I have found my feet have got worse with the damp autumn weather. Yes Plantar Yes arthritis so with fibro too and reading your posts , it seems the stretching is the helper ? I was taught stretches for the Plantar , but the soreness with no visible reason for it is quit frustrating as you look for a cause for the soreness . My right foot at the back of the foot is worse and the feet crack . I find walking stretches them and eases them until you stop ! I have had this since fibro reared its head .
I can only wear an upmarket trainer now that are supportive .
Diagnosed with FM 2007 /Also have Osteoarthritis which I have had for many years .
Looking to connect with fellow FM people near me as well as making friends and having support from this forum .
Angel777
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

Yep i get sore feet too, it has got worse since the cold/damp weather has set it :( mine feel bruised and when i get up from my bed it feels like im walking on pebbles without shoes on.
Very painful :yikes:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:44 pm

To be honest when I first saw this post I didn't read it, as I though "What she on about ..sore feet" Oh how pride comes before a fall as they say.

Recently ran out of my Lyrica (Pregabalin), just 36 hours but enough time for me to miss 3 doses. Couldn't believe that when I got up on the second day and went around the house in my bare feet how sore it was ! Felt like I was walking on very sharp sand , with occasional stones!

I had thought that the meds weren't doing much good but that 36 hrs showed me what the pain could be like and I must say.... I didn't like it!
I have enough difficulties even with all the meds I currently take so would have hated to have this illness years ago when most of the meds weren't around.

thank you Mr Research Chemist for coming up with the lovely drugs and Mrs NHS for letting me have them!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby clsmbenn » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 pm

i have had sore feet for a long time, where they swell, are red hot, itchy and feel as though my skin is stretching, so very painful upon walking.

i am relatively new to fibro as only diagnosed in march, but lately my soles have got worse and feels as though i have been on my feet for 12 hours plus with no break, this can happen when i am not wearing any trainers and can happen when i am wearing trainers.

i try not to sit too long as my back gets very painful and ceases, but i also try not too stand for long either for the same reasons, but i am now guessing its all part and parcel of fibro. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:31 pm

My feet get sore easily if I walk for too long in the wrong shoes. I've just done a long walk today in sturdy walking boots, and my feet are fine (just a pity about the rest of me!), but other shoes are not so great. I'm thinking of getting cushioned insoles for the worst shoes. I can wear a better variety of shoes now I'm in an office job, I had to be careful when I was teaching and I was on my feet all day.I was fine till I had the crash that caused my FM and then was advised by the physio not to wear heels, I got so used to not wearing them that me feet killed if I wore heels to work, restricting me to only 1-2 pairs of shoes :(
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia