Fibrofog!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Fibrofog!!

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Fibro Fog is my most scariest symptom . My job is brilliant outdoors at time ,all around the county but I need to have a lot of information at my finger tips when I stop to chat to people I may be meeting. This is what is keeping me from going back to work as I can hardly remember everyday objects never mind technical stuff.

As I have said before my house sometimes resembles a Charades party game with me trying to give clues to my family about the thing I am wanting to say. I forget half my sentances , I feel frustrated and where I was a reasonable touch typist I have to review everything at least 3 times to make sure it is right and even then I often recognise things as OK when they are definatly wrong!

Just before coming off work on S/L my boss was having to review my reports much more closley than usual which was frustrating for both of us!

If anyone else tells me they also have problems remembering things and its and age thing I will lash out. I'll take thier forgetfulness anytime over Fibrofog!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby coz1 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:00 pm

OH I GOT THEIR. :yikes:
I can laugh now but its took me nearly 2 hours to get on here today, :lol:
It all started when pete my wonderful hubby had logged me off yesterday.I thought thats ok i will be back on when hes gone to work,then guess what i could not remember my user name,even with my hint from my email couldnt get my grey matter moveing :roll:
coz1
UKFM Member

Postby Picklepudding » Thu May 09, 2013 7:43 pm

When the rheumy mentioned fibrofog to me last week I'd never heard or it so said 'No I don't have that'...whether it was that I'd forgotten that I do (lol) or didn't realise I'm not sure!

I too will go to look things up on the computer and promptly forget what it was I was going to look up. I do online shopping so add items as I realise I need them...I regularly notice in my cupboard that I need to order something, pick up the iPad and immediately forget what it was.

I forget things that the kids need to take to school on occasions but I've always just put that down to being a busy working mum.

But the most annoying thing at the moment is forgetting words. I will have conversation and end up talking rubbish as the words I want to say just wont come out! This Is most embarrassing at work as I'm on the phone quite a lot and have to deal with a lot of contentious calls so its awful when I can't remember the words that I need to use...I don't think that anyone's noticed though as I've just been promoted!
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Congrats on the promotion Paula :welldone: :welldone: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :welldone: :welldone:

I love a good news story.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Picklepudding » Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm

Thank you! x
Crohn's, IBS, plantar fasciitis, psoriasis, Vitamin D deficiency, minimal osteoarthritis, possible Hughes Antiphospholipid Syndrome and fibromyalgia...I'm a walking medical encyclopaedia!
Picklepudding
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia