University and Fibro...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: University and Fibro...

Postby denys » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:28 pm

Sounds like a plan :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: with it all :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby charley » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:37 pm

If what they are offering you is unsuitable then you can argue that they are still breaking the disability discrimination act! They can't really expect someone with a disability to live on the top floor of a building!
I live on the second floor, didn't request a ground one coz there is a lift and thought there would be people who need it more than myself. Am seriously regretting this now!
Keep on at them! It's not fair on you to have to live like that! And good luck! I really hope you get it sorted!!!
charley
UKFM Member

Postby isitme » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm

i hope you sort something out.

i have started ou in october adn i know its not for everyone, so i hope you find what you need and as others have said the university is terrible for not helping mroe, the ou fell overthemseleves giving me free equipment etc. surely univ don;t want to lose students.

take care. :-)
isitme
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I will. I have been back and I am exhausted, but I didn't have to miss anything. For now I am commuting home in the middle of the week (I have Wednesday afternoon and Thursday off), then going back for Friday and then again on Sunday. It is a better building, there are normal people in it who don't get drunk all day, every day. But the top floor isn't ideal. I will keep fighting, I'm not sure if I will stay there next year, but I have decided I'm going to try to finish the year, so I can keep my student loan going, and see how I go. Then if i get a place at the other uni decide in the summer what I will do.

The problem I had with the OU was that I didn't have the time or energy to work (at my previous job I needed to work at least 25-30 hours to afford to live) and do the course, as there was no funding then. There is now, but it still wouldn't be enough to get be through the year. Plus I was quite shocked at their attitude too when I had dealings with them after a mistake on their part.

Also I do have an adviser, but I haven't heard from him for about 8 weeks maybe more. I told him everything that went on, including when the 'ringleader' of the group started getting really nasty and shouting things like 'people should never talk to me', and that I'm a waste of space among other things. But he never replied... So yet again I feel I have been let down. I'm going to post my non-academic official complaint form today! Wish me luck, and I really appreciate all your replies.
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby charley » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:24 am

Hope it goes well for you :) :goodluck1:
charley
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia