Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

Postby Flash » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi folks, if you haven't already heard, we have a warning of snow and very low temperatures on the way, starting Sunday.

As well as food, heating oil, petrol in car, snow chains, warm clothes etc etc, make sure you have enough meds just in case. Have NHS direct and out of hour surgery numbers close at hand.

If it passes us by, great! But better safe than sorry.

Keep warm everyone.
Flash
UKFM Member

Re: Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Thanks flash, i am dreading it, lucky i do my shopping online and have my meds delivered so i wont need to go out in it but for those who do normally go and do there shopping maybe think about doing it online if you do get some snow.

Stay safe guys. :hugs: and :fingerscrossed: the weathermen have got it wrong.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:07 pm

Been shopping and the cupboards are restocked, so if the white stuff does come down around us, I think we'll be OK.

Doglet will be happy if we get some as she'll be able to bounce around and play in it :dogrun1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:31 am

Well, it started last night, for a couple of hours then the rain washed it away. Ohh...

I know some places have woken to the white stuff, for the rest of us it's just so flippin' wet and cold. Even some sun, like yesterday, would be nice...

How is it for the rest of you? Hope everyone is keeping warm. :snowhappy:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm

We woke up yesterday morning to a very light dusting of the white stuff which gradually vanished. As we went to :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: last night there were a few flakes in the air, and this morning there was a centimetre on the grass, altho roads and paths were clear.

Been out with DaftDog who is suffering from snow madness and now there are some rather large flakes coming down :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:55 pm

It's coming down thick and fast where I am at the mo :snowhappy:

FluppyPuffy wrote:Been out with DaftDog who is suffering from snow madness

Fluppy - I thought it was just my dog that did that lol she was sprinting round the garden so quickly I got dizzy watching her.

Stay safe and warm everyone x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Its been coming down thick & fast here this morning :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowing1: :snowman1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi all

Its coming down thick and fast here too!!! Milly absoloutly loves it she keeps having a mad 10 minutes running all over the garden :dogrun1: !!!! The only problem for Milly is when she needs a pee although she is a little girl she cocks her leg as she doesnt appreciate her bits touching the snow , she only has little legs bless her!!! The cats are not impressed at all, this is the 1st time they have ever seen snow they were born last march so i think its a shock to their system but at least i dont have to go looking for them they prefer to be curled up inside in the warm thank goodness!!!

Everyone take care and stay warm!!! Hey we even may get some cold weather payments!!! I think it has to be below zero for 7 consecutive days but £25 a week goes a long way towards your heating bill!!! Staying warm is not a luxury its a necessative, no matter what we should keep warm and worry about the bill later!!!

Milly xxx :-) :grouphug:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Had to go and shut the :chicken: :chicken: in their run as the snow was pulling the netting down into uncovered bit. Not happy chookabos, even tho they haven't ended up under a snowfall :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball:

We've had some more come down this afternoon, covered the roads and paths, so venturing out for second walkings with DaftDog wasn't much fun :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball: :elfsnaowball:

Forecast for tonight is a freezing one, so take extra care in the morning if you have to venture out :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Keep as warm and comfy as you can :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 am

No snow here, just very cold. Walking into town today was awful, even though I dressed warm the wind just cut through everything. My hip went numb and hurt like hell when it came around... I think I would have prefered the snow.

No muddy walks for the doglet today.

Stay warm and dry...
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby jazzbabe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

We've got loads of snow being in Norfolk. Everything gridlocked and roads terrible. Managed to take the camera out this morning, OH bought me a monopod which is also a walking pole so I can walk safely and then attach the camera as I can't hold it now. That also shows how much I've gone down, I got the camera in March and I was fine with it, now I can't hold it. I took my ferrets out too as they've never seen snow. They burrowed in the snow and hopped about.
We're nearly out of oil and can't afford any but we had some pallets delivered so we'll have to cut them up which I know will break me but OH won't do it on his own. The wood burner has been a godsend, it's linked in with the Rayburn so when we run out of oil we'll still have heating. Tomorrow is supposed to be really icy so I'm dreading going outside.
jazzbabe
UKFM Member

Postby blueeyes64 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 pm

We had huge snowflakes falling yesterday but it was too warm to settle too much.Today was sunshine and snow showers, very odd !
It looks pretty on the fields and roofs but not causing too many problems so far :-)
Saw the snow in Norfolk really bad, don't send it up our way !
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 am

It's here!!! :snowhappy:
Last night was rain, woke up this morning to youngest son debating digging his car out. It's white, everywhere! His footprints were covered as quick as he made them. :snowgrumpy:

Crazy dog ran out to the garden as usual... :dogrun1: And ran straight back in again. Her basket is the best place for now.

Son has now downed tools and has gone to work :f1-car:
Stay warm, everyone, have fun if you can :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowman1: :snowing1:
I might just take a tip from my little dog, I'm staying in today. :cup1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi all

The 1st cold weather payment has been triggered for those of us that are elligibe, it really does help towards our fuel bills. I hadnt realised that it had hit zero for 7 consecutive days but hey i wont complain. You can check your area for these payments by going into www.gov.uk and there is a box to put your postcode in to see if a payment has been triggered in your area though i am sure the whole country will have triggered a payment due to this very cold freezing weather!!!

Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Thanks Milly, just went on the site to have a check. Nope, looks like I have to keep my heating down to the two hours evenings and early mornings. Good idea for an asthmatic. They tell us to just put more clothes on. It's the air you breath in thats important. It's something when heating becomes a luxury eh? Bloody government has got it all wrong. :twisted: :twisted:

I usually end up in hospital this time of year, at least it'll be warm there, and my dad will have son and dog with him. :roll: :roll:
Flash
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia