Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

I went into work this morning as it wasn't too bad, but I really wish I'd left early, as the snow is much heavier here than it was at work. Tried to get to a chemist as my inhaler has run out, and Asda had shut theirs early, and the next nearest open is too far to walk. I'll just have to hope that missing tonight's dose (my asthma doesn't usually bother me at night anyway) won't hurt, and go to the chemist in the morning. There are three very close together, so chances are one will be open.

Fibro meds are stocked up, at least!
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:47 pm

I went onto the link and it says that the cold weather payment is issued in my area. I looked through the people that get it and im on incapacity and DLA, high rate mobility and low rate care, would i get it, as it just says you have to be on ESA oe income support to get it
vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:07 am

It rained last night... All the snow has gone. It's like being in the centre of a polo. As far as I can see, the surrounding area is white and we are green. Reminds me of my childhood days, looking out to the distant snow covered hills while wishing it would come our way.

Well, if it's going to stay this cold, I would rather have the snow than yet more rain...rain...

Ugh...!!
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Still plenty of snow here :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: DaftDog want to play in it all the time whereas the scary teenaged :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: isn't happy as school is open so he can't have an extra day gaming :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Still a lot of snow here though it is going a bit slushy now. It's my doglings first experience with snow and she loves it. Dives all around the garden head first looking for her toys under the snow lol it does make me laugh - perfect way to cheer me up after a cold stressful day lol.

:dogrun1:

FluppyPuffy wrote:the scary teenaged isn't happy as school is open so he can't have an extra day gaming

Fluppy if you thought that was bad my hubs to be tried everything he could to get out of going to work yesterday and today so he could stay home and play on his playstation lol. Luckily I was watching his feeble efforts to move his car from the warmth of the house lol. I handed him my car keys and I walked to work. Luckily it was only a ten minute walk, I wrapped up like the michelin man and it was actually a lovely walk - so peaceful as there was no one out. Just me and my thoughts - oh and my new bright pink wellies lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:40 pm

LouLou wrote:
FluppyPuffy wrote:the scary teenaged isn't happy as school is open so he can't have an extra day gaming

Fluppy if you thought that was bad my hubs to be tried everything he could to get out of going to work yesterday and today so he could stay home and play on his playstation lol. Luckily I was watching his feeble efforts to move his car from the warmth of the house lol. I handed him my car keys and I walked to work. Luckily it was only a ten minute walk, I wrapped up like the michelin man and it was actually a lovely walk - so peaceful as there was no one out. Just me and my thoughts - oh and my new bright pink wellies lol.

Bright pink wellies sound the perfect thing to wear for such a walk :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Mine are bright spotty ones with bright pink wellie socks to co~ordinate with the spotties :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The scary teenaged :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: still wasn't very happy when he came home for lunch because his maths teacher wants to check his work folder. Think he'll be praying for for more snow again tonight :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Pepperty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:45 pm

i'm wearing pjs, bed socks - furry slipper boots - 2x dressing gowns, fingerless gloves, dressing gown hood over head, and i'm still frozen :-? Being cold intolerant is (s)no(w) joke! :lol: I'm only stoically sat in back room, at computer because I cant spend entire winter in bed - the guilt gets to me :-?

We only have snow left on walls, its cleared off roads and roofs - here I live tends to be mild as I'm n the coast. Bonus :roll:
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:33 pm

We had a LOT of snow! I ended up phoning into work, as I couldn't get my car out of the drive, and public transport isn't an option.
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 am

Oops, I spoke too soon. The rain washed all the snow away, even on the hills. Then the snow started again. It snowed, and snowed and... :snowing1: Oh you get the picture... :snowing1: My youngest son nearly never made it home from work as it was bad there. :snowhappy: He came home then went to his girlfriends just the other side of town. an hour later, he couldn't get home so he is staying with her family. Her dad had just struggled back from the fire station. My nieghbour, the local fire chief got stuck at the bottom of our road and has gritted it just in case of call out.

My eldest son is stranded in Dorset for the night and my partner is stuck where he lives in Somerset. Just me and my dog tonight. :dogrun1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm

We have had more :snowhappy: again, still not got rid of the last lot yet but hear it is going to be getting mild and rain is on the way for the weekend so it will all be washed away. :chicken-dance:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 pm

Our weather forecast has said freezing cold again over the next few days :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:23 am

Son managed to get home this morning then left for work. Took him half an hour to drive 10 miles to the next town then got a message that the roads ahead were blocked, there had been what was technically termed a 'snow bomb'. He turned around to come home and took 3 and1/2 hours. :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Temperatures are now dropping fast, making roads very dangerous...
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 am

Glad he got home Flash, hate to think of anyone having to go out in this weather :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby millymoodoo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:48 am

Hi all

Well all our snow has just about gone!!! Good time to do pooh patrol in the garden before it snows again!!! Milly my dog thinks its a cool idea to pooh in the snow and then promptly bury it in the snow, i guess she thinks she is helping lol!!!! It could be worth checking as the 2nd cold weather payment has been released in the north lincs area!!!!!

Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks Milly, Yes! we've got it. Might put the fire on and celebrate. Ha ha. Odd though, a town 6 miles away which has worse than where I am, is not getting the payment. Hmm...
Stay warm everyone, it's still cold. We are still all white but not for long.
Flash
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia