Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Weather warning! it' 'snow joke...

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Still snowy out, it was nearly a triple duvet night last night,it was so cold although it's all meant to be gone by the weekend :-D :-D Was out on Monday at a funeral and got stuck in the snow .....took over 2 hours to be driven 2 miles home. I had every faith that OH would get us home while he was absolutly panicing as he knew I couldn't have even tried to walk. Have been in an awful state since with really bad flare and spent 2 days in bed . OH reckons that even though I felt ok I was probably really tense the whole time we were in the car ?

Further snow over night monday meant No 1 son had to walk to work on Tuesday left a 6 am to try and walk the 6 miles into work . After about 3 miles all the snow had gone from the roads and he was able to get a bus the rest of the way. He arrived ridiculously early for his shift but his boss (not the company) treated him to breakfast as a thank you for trying to get in when he could have easily just rung in and said he was snow bound.

So thank you Mr Boss for being so nice :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby ccat21 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Warm wishes to all those who have had snow, we have had none just cold with rain, rain & more rain while 1/2 mile away has had snow, I could do with just one day of the white stuff just so that son 9yrs old could have some fun like he sees on the TV then he may be happy as he can then tell his cousins that he has had some.
Hope that it melts soon for you that have snow & that it does not cause any flooding when it does.
Keep warm & cosy x
ccat21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm

We're right under the area where Yellow Knicker Alerts have been issued for more snow this evening/tonight :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Could have 5~10cm, depending on which forecast you want to believe :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: If we do get any, DaftDog will have to make the most of it as from Sunday temperatures could be reaching the dizzy heights of 3~4C an with rain it will probably mean we have to go back to mud baths and bogmonstering instead :dogrun1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 am

FP you do make me smile at times...when I read about you're "yellow knicker alerts " I immediatly started thinking of the big serge knickers we had to wear at school in the 70's. Ours were dark blue not yellow but they always drooped and were not the most comfy of things to wear !

Can't imagine many youngsters of today even having them in thier knicker drawer!

Hope you don't get the snow thats forcast ..but remember if you do...... "they " want us all to build snowmen as it seems it will stop floods by keeping the snow were it is for longer !
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Flash » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:29 am

Loadsa snowmen build around here.. :snowing1: :snowman1: :snowing1: :snowman1: But they didn't last any longer than the rest of the stuff after todays rain. Yep, floods on the way...

Ah well, my little dog went mad yesterday when we went for a drive to her favourate place... :snowhappy: :dogrun1: The snow was over a foot deep and every now and then she dropped down into it. She had loads of fun :dogrun1:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:54 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:We're right under the area where Yellow Knicker Alerts have been issued for more snow this evening/tonight :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Could have 5~10cm, depending on which forecast you want to believe :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy: If we do get any, DaftDog will have to make the most of it as from Sunday temperatures could be reaching the dizzy heights of 3~4C an with rain it will probably mean we have to go back to mud baths and bogmonstering instead :dogrun1:

Hi Deedee doodoo's

Yoooohoooo Bogmonstering sounds good to me Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!! I have been taking my mom to the parks in my car for her walkings cos i am scared she might tumble and i wont be able to pick her up but i looooooovvvve this white cold stuff but i cant wait for bogmonstering!!!! :dogrun1:

Lots of doggie loves and licks
Millyxxxxxxxxxxx :-D :dogchasecat1: :dogrun1: :dogchasecat1:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:35 am

Back to normal... Rain, rain and more... :-| :-| :-| Floods are up again... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Ugh, when will it end????? :?:

Bring me sunshine.... :chicken-dance:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Hey Hey Milly :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Has all your snow gone now??? Most of mine has, there were some little piles left when I took mumsie on the field yesterday afternoon, so I ate some of them so the snowflakes would be in my tumtum instead of melting and going into the ground :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :snowhappy:

It's really muddy on the field so I'm going to have lots of bogmonsterings to do in it orl :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: And when I took dad to get the paper yesterday morning, there were loads and loads of puddles that I went in and out of as we went there and as we went back home, so lots of fun still to be had even tho we're now nearly orl snowless :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When it was icy, mumsie nearly ended up on her bumbum a few times so we had to be extra careful going out when it was me and her :shock: :shock: :shock: She did say if we had a sledge we could orl get together and us doglets could pull our huu~mons on their sledges like the husky doglets do :dogrun1: Bet we'd be even better at it than even the husky doglets :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

Speaks soon :dogchasecat1:

Muddy splats and waggles

DeeDee ~ doodoos xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:16 am

Okay, now we have raging winds and driving rain with a bit of sleet thrown in for good measure. Son went to work 10 miles away, it's white again and very cold. He's gone to Cornwall now.

Who else has got snow again? I hope everyone else are managing to stay dry.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:20 am

we got some then it poured down on it so nothing stuck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the winds are horrible :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby kitten » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:50 am

Yesterday we had rain then thunder & lighting at the same time the rain turned to snow then we had a blizzard then lovely sunshine that was just the morning , in the afternoon we had an other blizzard then it turned to rain , according to todays Daily Mail the thunder & lighting was called a thundersnow I have got to my middle 60 and never ever have heard of thunder snow :-? :-? has any one else heard of it , my poor cat wanted to go out got as far as her cat flap looked through it and leg it back :cat1:
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 am

I'd never heard of a thundersnow and I briefly studied meterology first year uni so don't worry kitten you are not alone.

Anyway we experienced it the night before and boy was it scary, we live on the top of a hill and are always the ones who experience any weather thats going. I grew up at the bottom of the same hill and would never have known there could be such difference in weather so close together....

The snow has finally left us again to be replaced this morning by watery sunshine..you know it thinks its going to be sunny but its still cold.

Given the way I have been feeling lately I am sure there is a link between the weather and fatigue /pain levels as I'm not to bad this morning were as the last two days I could hardly get out of bed!

Anyone else effected like this?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

Thundersnow!! well, I've heard it all now... Recently,we had what was technically termed, a 'Snow BOMB!' I was waiting for the local siren to sound the 4 minute warning!!

I live on a hill too, the difference between us and the town is quite ammusing at times, my Dad lives just down the road, and like ISM, we never realised the difference could be so dramatic.

Being on a hill doesn't stop my garden getting flooded though.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:00 am

It's gone really cold here the last few days, really bitterly cold and very windy in the evenings.

It tried to snow yesterday and Monday but didn't last very long.

My parents live a 30 minute drive away and are always amazed at how different the weather can be, so to find out how different it is between such close locations is amazing! Mother Nature really is wonderful sometimes.

ISM you're not alone my FM and fatigue is much worse when it's winter, but even more so lately as the weather can't seem to make up it's mind lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby kitten » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:04 pm

LouLou & ISM completely agree with you , gone to bed full of aches and pains got up still full of aches and pains, my fingers and wrist are really bad , the top of my legs feel like they are burning and the bottom feel cold and I still have a bad neck which i have had since September convinced the weather has some part in it oh for some warmer weather
kitten
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia