Fibro and carpel tunnel

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and carpel tunnel

Postby jessica60524 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Has anyone been diagnosed with carpel tunnel? I have heard this is another thing you can get that goes with FM I went to see my doctor she told me within minutes I had carpel Tunnel and that I would quite possibly need an operation, I had many wrist injections but they didnt really help with my tingling and pains in both my hands, I was referred to a surgeon who done what is called a ECG test where they check to see if there is never damage.

Has any one had a ECG test that has been negative and been told that your nerves are normal? my test was negative and the surgeon sent me on my way and said there is nothing I can do for you, so im off back to the doctors next week, the pain and pins and needles is in both my hands daily and I feel like I'am back to square one, I feel like I do have carpel tunnel as all my symptoms match, there is a 15% chance that you get a negative ECG test and still have carpel tunnel. I have no idea what is going to happen now I will probably be referred here and there and get no real concrete answer for months, it is very sad as im getting worse I keep dropping things and I do accounts for my job so I type a lot and it is awful when you hands are in pain.

Has any one else had similar problems?

gentle hugs

xjessx
jessica60524
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro and carpel tunnel

Postby TracyH » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Jess. My Dr thought I had carpal tunnel but it was tennis elbow, ths pain.goes down.the hands. I had physio and steroid injection. Touch wood it hasn't ,omw back.

Gentle hugs x.
TracyH
UKFM Member

Postby swbadcock » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 pm

I had a test to determine if i had carpal tunnel syndrome which was positive in both wrists , i had my left operated on and it lasted for about 3 months after it had all healed , mind you i was working in a garage then . I decided it was not worth all the post opp problems with my right wrist so i have not had that one done. Both my wrist still give me a lot of problems , weakness , pins and needles deadness and shooting pains up the arms. I am having the same problems with my legs now which i feel is all related , but i do have PsA as well.
swbadcock
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Hi
We have had a few post up with members saying that they have carpal tunnel, if you want to read up on the other posts do a search for it in the box at the top right of the page.

There does seem to be a link to it with fibro as it is mentioned a lot.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Fibro and carpel tunnel

Postby vampireangela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:34 pm

I have carpal tunnel and fm I had a ct test and it wasn't nice but I don't think mine is bad as I don't need an op but I do have to use wrist supports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
vampireangela
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:31 pm

hi jessica just befor my fibro dx i was refered for carpal tunnle and had you nerve test but like you it showed nothing
still got the pain and left it at that just another fibro effect i fear
take care tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby macca » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi, my wife has been diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel and Golfers Elbow in addition to Fibro. She had a steroid injection in the elbow but that only lasted 5 weeks, no treatment other than wrist supports for the carpal as yet.

Macca
macca
UKFM Member

Postby BuzzyB » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:58 am

Carpel tunnel was my first diagnosis, even though scans didn't show anything up on me either. When I finally got my diagnosis of fibro they took away my carpel tunnel one saying it must have been the fibro all along, giving me the same kind of symptoms.
Bluffy the Fibro Sleeper
BuzzyB
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:43 am

yes, I have carpal tunnel too and the hand supports have not helped. as my hands just t00 sw0llen. its so hard to type even a little.
It does seem that many withFibro also get carpal. My arms are one of the most painful, pretty useless and so painful, cannot lift thejm at all. see physio on 22nd Jan, if I am able to get out, in a nearby surgery - hopeful? been confined to bed for weeks on end.

Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Just to say that I could not keep the physio appointment on 22nd Jan. No way could I get out of bed, but new appointment for end of March. Love penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia