two quick questions about fibro

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

two quick questions about fibro

Postby Butterfly8588 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:53 am

Hi there,
I've had fibro and myofascial pain syn since 2009 and I'm learning things everyday! I've had a really painful left wrist for about 3 months now that started out of nowhere and it really burns at times and is so painful. I've tried to use it normally but it is really painful, i've tried using it less and I've tried using a support when using it but that makes it feel a lot worse.
Now its almost starting to seize up even though I'm trying to use it normally. Does anyone else get this or something similar? What's the best thing to do for it?
Also I had my first bad visual disturbance on boxing day. It was like my central vision had gone all blurry and I was really frightened cos I wasn't aware this could happen. Why does this happen? And does it get worse or more frequent?
Sorry I'm always asking questions its just you all know more then any doctor does!

Take care xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: two quick questions about fibro

Postby paulamcl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am

hi there i get all body parts seizing up and with really bad pain. heat helps makes it better and also exercise. i also get blurry vision, it comes and goes and i just have to wait till its over. i think that you should talk to your doctor though just incase x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Hiya,
Thank you for your reply. Please don't take this the wrong way but i'm glad someone else gets this cos my wrist just seems a very random and trivial place! I hope your having a good day.

Take care xxx

If anyone else can answer my questions to id love to hear from you. It makes me feel better that i'm not alone xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm

My optician explained that eye muscles are affected in the same way as all the others - easily fatigued. This affects their ability to focus.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Butterfly

Have you had your wrist checked by your gp? it is best to get all new symptoms looked at. I find my wrists ache but they dont burn.
I was going to suggest trying a support bandage but you said you have tried that. As you have had it for 3 months and its not getting any better i think you should mention it to your gp. :goodluck1:

I often get blurry vision and dizzy spells but i have told my gp about it and also went to have my eyes tested to be on the safe side.
I know many of us do have problems with this but again mention it to your gp as fibro can affect your eyes so if you are due an eye test you might want to get them tested, i never used to wear glasses but since having fibro i have had to have stronger reading glasses every year.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:05 pm

I agree with Shaz its time to get it checked out properly I get burning in joints when I have overused them and they ache and my eyes change by the minute so have ended up with 3 pairs of glasses its down to fibro affecting my eyes and I find its much worse when I am tired :yikes: :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm another voter for having things checked out properly. It's far too easy to think things are FM related, so it's always best to have any new or changing symptoms checked, just for your own peace of mind.

Hope you can get some answers soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:06 am

Hi Guys,
Thank you all for your lovely replies and for answering my questions. Dont worry i've got a Drs appointment for Wednesday but i just wanted to be armed with information on whether or not it CAN be fibro related because before my diagnosis i was on the edge of having brain surgery because i was misdiagnosed and im always careful now to get my facts in line before i go.
Thank you again, i hope you all have a good day.

Take Care xxx
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:35 am

Find the vision problems interesting as despite having better than 20/20 vision at optician there are times when things are out of focus. Optician said its the way my pupils are reacting so it is good to hear other people have these problems.
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi dotty,
For a long while I've had problems focussing on reading, it's almost like I can't see the words, they aren't blurred and they're not to small it's like they're not there if that makes sense. I can't describe it any better then that.
So no you most certainly are not alone is what I'm trying to say!

Take care xxx
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi guys,
Just thought I'd update you all. I went to the drs today and he confirmed my wrist is fibro related so thank you for your thoughts.
I'm really struggling with pain at the moment. I'm very lucky in that I've been able to live with the pain without tablets for a while now but the pain is increasing again, probably cos of the cold, and I'm really struggling to cope.
I very nearly went back on the tramadol Sunday night but I just managed to hold off. I've been given meloxicam to take. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does it help?

Take care xxx
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia