Acupan - Nefopam hydrochloride

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Acupan - Nefopam hydrochloride

Postby AJay71 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:03 pm

So I've just had my first GP appointment after my fibromyalgia diagnosis. Over the last 20 years I've tried just about every conceivable anti inflammatory and pain killer known to man. My usual GP was called away this morning and I saw a wonderful young lady who was well versed in fibromyalgia. The old GP was refusing to give me new pain meds and thought I should be managing on co-codamol, even although she had given me dihydrocodine in the past, this was pre diagnosis.

The new GP, whom I have requested be my normal doctor now, has put me on Acupan 30mg three times a day along with paracetomol 500mg x2 every 4 hours. I also take Duluxatine 30mg one at night and Lodine 600mg one after my dinner. Along with Omeprazole 20mg to protect my stomach.

Has anyone else here been given Acupan? And how do you find it? I have heard that it acts like a mild muscle relevant.
The only contraindicaction I have is with my migraine tablets, Almogran, but the pharmacists is going to send a note to the doc about it clashing with the Duluxatine.

It's such a mine fiel trying to get the right combo of meds to ease our pain and try to function with some degree of normality.

I'd love to hear about your experiences especially about Acupan / Nefopam Hydrochloride.
Many Thanks
Amanda xXx
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Re: Acupan - Nefopam hydrochloride

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm on Nefopam Amanda, had it for about a year. FM~wise, like most things it just seems to help take the edge of things for me. What I have found with it tho is that it has helped with my migraines, which considering I was having them on a virtually daily basis, was a most welcome relief. Whether that comes from it working like a relaxant on the various things that cause the migraine, or in some other way, I don't know. Whatever it is that it does, I'm just glad that it does it to my head :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

You've nothing to lose by giving them a go, and possibly some easing could be gained :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby AJay71 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Thanks for the reply Fluppy Puffy
I like the sound of the migraine relief. I had three last week, which is a lot for me. I was knocking back the co-codamol and almogran, the latter I have just been told today is not to be taken with Duluxatine.
So I was anxious as to what I was going to take for them.

As for the fibro pain..... I know what you mean about just taking the edge off, that's all that ever happens!

I'd love for there just to be a chance of not being in pain! Something... anything that we could take that would make it go away.
I took my first Acupan when I first posted.... and that's me just awake.. Do you get sleepy with it? or is it just me getting used to it do you think? I've just taken my second of 3 a day but I don't want to spend my life sleeping..

Thanks again Fluppy.
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:43 pm

I was a bit sleepier when I first started taking them, but it started to ease back after a week or so, hopefully it will start to do the same for you as you get used to them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

I've been averaging 1 migraine a week for the past few months, which is bliss compared to having one migraine~free day a week if I was lucky. It will be interesting to hear how you get on with them, esp with you having migraines as well. Last year I had a trip to A&E as I broke my nose, and the ENT doc I saw was extremely interested in how the nefopam was helping with the migraines, he'd come across some other sufferers who had found it helped with their migraines as well.

I have sumatriptan (Imigran)for when my head goes nuclear. A quick consultation with Dr Google and his Mega Book of Pills and Potions suggests it is used and works in a similar way to your almogran. If it isn't something you've tried before, it could be worth seeing if that is suitable for you to take whilst on duloxetine.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby AJay71 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:12 am

Thanks Fluppy,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having migraine every week, even if it much less than you're used to, I'm sure it must be absolutely debilitating.
Sorry about your nose too.... funny enough I broke my nose back in 2000 and had it 're built' by plastics. The pain afterwards was excruciating and I'm sure they thought I was some kind of junky as the morphine wasn't touching it. I ended up signing myself out and screaming in pain for days. Of course no-one knew and I had no idea that I had fibromyalgia.

I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing. It really is fantastic to have someone to talk to.... other than my doggy. He's the best thing to happen to me in a long time, and he's so sensitive and just knows when I need a hug.

Thanks again. Take care xXx
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:28 pm

AJay71 wrote:Thanks for the reply Fluppy Puffy
I like the sound of the migraine relief. I had three last week, which is a lot for me.

do you get migraines a lot normally? my partner has to take tablets every day for his migraines, he takes pizotifen 1 every day. but f he forgets to take one of the tablets he will have a migraine onthe evening. just a thought.
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby Jivebunnie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi, I've been put on Nefopam today. Not heard of it before. I'm sure it must be working as I can barely keep my eyes open! Maybe that's the plan, to sleep through all the pain. I'll keep you updated on it's effects.

JB
Jivebunnie
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia