Restless Leg Syndrome???

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Restless Leg Syndrome???

Postby Ellen72 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:19 am

Hi all. Actually for me it's more like restless feet syndrome. My feet jump & of course that makes my legs jump. And of course it only starts when I go to bed. I know that certain things I eat or medications can & do make it worse. But I wondered if anyone else had the same problem & what you do about it. :?: :?: :?:
Ellen72
UKFM Newbie

Re: Restless Leg Syndrome???

Postby Maxisback » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am

I use Pramipexole which was prescribed for my muscle tremors and restless legs. It seems to work for me. I take it 2-3 hours before bedtime and thankfully I no longer feel I've run a marathon in my sleep.

Gentle hugs,
Max xx
Maxisback
UKFM Member

Postby SylvieS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 am

Hi

I also have this ~ my hubby thought I was kicking him the other night ~ its starts with a tremor and then sometimes develops into a jerky type movement, it feels like electric shock going through my legs
My arms also do it ~ its normally at night but have been getting it if sitting down watching television during the day
Sorry can help with a 'cure' but will be interested in others responses.
SylvieS
SylvieS
UKFM Member

Postby Soapbubbles » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:34 pm

Hi All,

I also suffer from this distressing condition and have done so on and off for years. In fact it wrecked my sleep so much that it could possibly have been a factor in my subsequently getting FM. It took my doctor a long while to realise it was because I was anaemic. It might well be worth your while asking for a blood test if you suffer from it frequently and you think this might be the case for you. None of the meds i tried worked or if they did they gave me nasty side effects(Mirapexin made me pass out!) I am mostly fine now as long as I keep my ferrous sulphate topped up. This does need to be prescribed though as it is dangerous to take too much.

Some medications can also cause RLS so that could be another thing to check out. Also it tends to go with certain medical conditions too, not sure which though. Diabetes I think is one.

I have also found the anything with monosodium glutamate in affects me too.

Best of luck for a quiet night.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia