Very close to diagnosis...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Very close to diagnosis...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Got a few :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: for you Lucy along with some [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] to help as well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad to hear your flare seems to be easing off for you :-D :-D I think there might have been something other than snow in the air recently as a few of us have had daft days on the domestic front then had to pay it back :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It's nice getting things sorted tho and back to something like they should be. Working from a list of things to do and spreading them out over the week can help make a difference to how you feel. You might find you need to make a few tweaks to get it just right for you as you go along, but having an organised approach to things is a good thing :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

You're not the only one to have wonderings about whether to try meds, it's something that I think most of us have experienced and may still do when it comes to having something new added to our cocktails. As to whether if this is it for the rest of your life, unfortunately we don't know :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: That is why you see lots of comments about taking things one day at a time across the forum, it seems to be the best way for most of us to deal with living with the condition.

Altho we can tell you about our experiences with different meds, that final decision about taking something can only come from you. Whilst all meds have potential side effects, it doesn't mean that you will experience all of them, if you're really lucky you might only be affected slightly with any that you do have. And the only way you'll know if they are the thing that makes that difference to you is to try them.

Talling to your GP about them is a good idea, you may also find your local pharmacist is another good source of helpful info. If the med turns out not to be suitable for you, there tends to be alternative that can be tried which may be more suitable for you. For most of us it's a case of trial and error in trying to find that right mix of things that helps.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby csangel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you for the [chocolate] etc. :-D

I know I manage better when I do things day to day and don't try and look too far forward - problem is at the moment we're planning to buy a house - not till next winter due to the OH working hours, etc. but it's a venture into the unknown - trying to stay stress free, but it's never easy! (there's also talk of kiddies on the horizon... but am trying not to panic about future happenings just yet!)

I think I probably will try them - I've not been given anything that really helps as of yet, which is putting me off trying anything else in a way. If I don't try I won't know, and maybe they will help?!

Is it a good idea to start taking them, say on a Friday evening first, so I have the weekend to get a bit used to them and see how I react... work have been being a bit funny about time off and I'm trying to be careful... :roll:
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Good luck with the house and the kiddie plans :-D :-D :-D I would definitely try a Friday to start the tabs :fingerscrossed: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby csangel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 am

Just a little update on me! :penguin:

Have been on the amis now for a week - started last friday, spent all of Saturday morning in bed feeling a little worse for wear. :sleep: Sunday wasn't too bad and have managed to get into work all week :-)

The last two nights (weds, thurs) I've got to a certain point in the evening, then had a sudden need to go to bed and go to sleep - hard to explain, but I just needed to get into bed. Unfortunately woke up with a sore throat yesterday, then kept waking up sniffling all night last night, but didn't end up laying awake for hours, just went back to sleep. So am definitely coming down with something, but sleep wise it's easier! :lol:

Haven't noticed a difference in my fatigue levels in the day yet, but I'm guessing it will take a while for my body and brain to catch up on the last couple of years!!!

Thank you for all the encoragement and support guys. Felt a little lost about the whole thing, so makes a big difference to be able to come on here and moan/question/anything else!

Lucy xxx
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi Lucy

Glad things are getting better, the Ami`s can take up to 4 weeks to fully kick in so you might still see some improvements still to come.

Sorry to hear about your sore throat, sounds like you might have caught a virus, i am still trying to get rid of it after about 3 weeks, mine started with the sore throat then a cough with a blocked nose and migraines and i keep going cold. :fingerscrossed: you dont catch it.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia