time for a rethink

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

time for a rethink

Postby Jojostar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi, ive been in a really bad flare for the last few weeks and its really getting to me.my dr is hopeless and have no chance of changing to another one, am thinking of going back onto lyrica or having a review of my meds to see what can be done.I do my best to fight this damn thing but am getting nowhere,,
Jojostar
UKFM Member

Re: time for a rethink

Postby loubie » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:01 pm

hi jo
think we are all suffering in this cold weather :(
do you think you can hang on to see if it passes
sounds like you don't want to go back on it, not that any of us like taking pills :roll:
just thinking maybe it could be the cold :dunno:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

If your GP is hopeless jojo, what about trying a slightly different approach?? A more direct but subtle one might help whilst still letting your GP think they are taking the lead.

Maybe start with looking at similar meds to what you have tried and see what others are in the same sort of group. Then go armed with info about them from reputable sources and explain that you've been looking at ones that are of a similar type/group to what you have tried and you were wondering if it might be suitable for you to try. You may even be surprised by the reaction you get from your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ann1e » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:43 am

Hi Jo.. I have had fibro for many years altho was only diagnosed 2 years ago due to my GP not acknowledging the fact..I was going back and forth to the surgery and hospital even being told by my doc to pull myself together and that it was all in my mind!! After i found out that i had fibro i changed my GP and have since been treated the complete opposite by my new doctor .... can't you change to another one within your practice ? It really made the difference once i found a sympathetic Dr and we have worked together to find the right meds for me.. For the last couple of weeks i have also had a bad flare up, like many of us the weather has made it a hundred times worse but knowing i can go to my surgery and know my doc is on my side helps so much..... feel better soon luv
ann1e
UKFM Newbie

Postby haty 2010 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:33 pm

hi jo,
I'm feeling the same,been on amitriptyline then fluoxitine then gabapentin, now on a flare up causing me to go to A&E due to the pain and he took me off it.now on codeine and paracetamol each 6 hourly trying to get through it.thought my gp was great at first NOW I'm having to rethink who I can get the right help from.
I've spent these past 3 weeks researching and now sick of looking at it.
I'd like just someone to tell me what to take,how to eat through it and when this flare up will end.can't exercise as I'm suffering so much with the pain and fatigue.
waiting now on neurologist and rheumatologist appointments.hope they sort me out.
hope you get on ok with your doctor.
Jane
haty 2010
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia