How do I cope with this pain?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How do I cope with this pain?

Postby Leona » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi, I''m feeling overwhelmed by my recent diagnosis of Fibro. I already have mental illness which is so bad that I haven't worked for several years. Now I have something so huge as Fibro to cope with....I just don't know how I'll do it. Is it really a life of pain, pills, fatigue and misery? Is this my life now? Although I have a loving fiance who cares for me in every way I need, I still feel so alone with this. I'm sure he believes my symptoms but I just feel that all I talk about these days are my illnesses. If it isn't a physical thing getting me down then it's my mental issues. I just don't feel strong enough to cope with this life, it was tough enough without the pain. I guess I'm having a flare up because my pain is alot worse lately - is that what a flare up is? There's so much to understand, and no matter how much I try to read about it I still can't accept that this is the quality of my life now.

Any thoughts? Am I being weak?
Leona
UKFM Member

Re: How do I cope with this pain?

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Leona
Im sorry you have recently found out you have fibro. I have had it for nearly 3 years and stil cant except it, so im not suprised you are struggling with it. I also dont work, and yes i do suffer alot of pain and fatigue etc as well as all the other symptoms. But with the help of the doctors you should find some type of treatment that does help you. It is a trial and error unfortuantly, but im sure you will get there. I am also going through a flare up as im much more tired, more pain, more achs, and definantly more moody because of it all lol, which is hard for everyone to deal with. Im sure your partner is just accepting it as best as he can, and im sure he doesnt see it as monaing, the more he understands about it the more he will understand your moans lol
vic
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby Jojostar » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi leona, I completley understand were youre coming from I have mental illness due to a very traumatic childhood and bereavements and my cpn comes out every month to check on me.its really hard when all you seem to do is complain about the pain and noone can help us I feel soo alone and deserted even though i have a great family, would just love to be nirmal for a few weeks without being sore and exhausted all the time.I hope its just the coldcweather makin it worse at the minute..but this forum is great at least you realilize wer not on our own take care xx
Jojostar
UKFM Member

Postby stormguy » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi guys

I know exactly how you are all feeling. Having recently been diagnosed myself with fibro and also having mental health issues ie (depression,stress,anxiety issues) reading your story's sound just like a reflection on my life. With all the aches and pains on a daily basis. I found I was going on and on about how I feel, my wife being a nurse understands what fibro is, but as yous all know you have to be living this life of daily aches and pain to really understand what it's like. I know it's not all about me but its a daily struggle as yous all know. Anyway that's my feelings!!..

Regards
Storm
stormguy
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:35 pm

hi, first sorry you are feeling so bad,

but we all have a hard time at first excepting this thing and that is natural,

we all deal with things differently as well but i feel the first step has to be exceptance that we have it otherwise we cant move fprward,

i feel that if we look to far into the future it becomes more upseting so i now live day by day and yes it gose up and down and i still get upset and frustrated,

yes we will probably have this forever but we can help thing with the right medication and learning about how we react to things and trying to avoid the things that make us worse and doing more of the things that help,

i know some dont want to take a concoction of pills but for me these help me stay in my job and do some other things in my life so if the dic says try these i will,

im now at the point where im getting better at pacing my self and saying no more often iv even taken time of work this week wich has never be known of realy but i know now that i have to do what it takes to have some quality in my life,

i can even leave house work with out feeling guilty or lazy,

you need to be selfish at times and try to find what works for you listen and learn and you will find your way.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Leona » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Thank you for your great comments! It's nice to know others understand what it's like.
I think I must have been a mass murderer in a previous life and this is my punishment!! :lol:
Leona
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia