Low oxalate diet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Low oxalate diet

Postby laurah » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:59 pm

So after trying everything else with no improvement Ive started the low oxalate diet. Cut out all the things it suggests (most of which are my fave!). Been doing it nearly 1 wk, apparently you should notice some results in 3wks so fingers crossed!! :-o. Anyone else tried it with any results?? Gentle hugs Laura x
laurah
UKFM Member

Re: Low oxalate diet

Postby Acei » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Haven't tried that particular one, but read about it. I think there was an article by a doctor who it worked for in the Daily Mail recently.

I tried a candida diet years ago for about six months and it made no difference. About 9 years ago I went gluten free and that made a big difference for me especially in terms of bloating and fatigue. I'm still on a strict GF diet.

I'm reading this guys book at the moment.

http://cfsunravelled.com/

There's a lot of snake oil salesmen out there that charge you a fortune for a book and then try to sell you supplements on top of that. This guy seems different. He's a physicist that got CFS a few years back. He did a lot of research and suggests diet and lifestyle changes. His book is around £10 (€13) at present in PDF format, but he will be giving it away free on Amazon in Kindle format soon.

I'll give this a try, but from what I can see the diet isn't far off the Paleo diet, i.e. very basic foods and no caffeine or alcohol. His theory is that you take out all processed foods and stimulants and take the stress of your pituitary gland and adrenals and allow them to recover. It's also good for leaky gut if.

With FMS, you have to keep looking for solutions or at least things that help. There's no point in sitting around waiting for a medical breakthrough.
Acei
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm

the low oxalate diet has come up before on a few occasions and if you put it into the search facility at the top of the page you should get some extra information. Good luck with it and lets know how you get on :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby laurah » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Diet did me no good at all x
laurah
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia