Teeth/Dentist

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Teeth/Dentist

Postby Katblack » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 pm

I went to the Dentist this Thursday, just a routine check-up, I didn't need any work done other than a scale and polish which he did there and then.

I had no pain with my teeth before I went but ever since my teeth are really sensitive particularly to hot ie. Coffee which I drink quite a lot of (and probably why I get scale) I can't decide if the dentist has 'just' set off a flare involving the nerves in my teeth or if he has exposed some other damage that was hidden by the scale, in which case I ought to go back.

Does anyone here relate or think I should go back? :(
I have never had pain in my lower front teeth before
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: Teeth/Dentist

Postby denys » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:29 pm

Give it a couple of days and if they dont ease off then call, my teeth always hurt and feel loose once I've had a scale done
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FMEDSKittyWarrior » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I have this every time I go to the dentist and sometimes it starts suddenly! I hope it clams down soon :yikes:
FMEDSKittyWarrior
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:14 pm

I find every time i go to the dentist i end up in pain, it takes a few days to settle down. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pepperty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:22 pm

thats interesting! I've avoided dentists for 5 or 6 years, I didnt have a phobia/issue originally but the past decade its worsened to the point that 'memory of dental pain' puts me off. A scale and polish used to make my eyes pour with tears and after the repeat issue of dentist and/or hygenist hissing at me that I was being dramatic - I actually cant face the level of pain. Is this unusual I wonder?

Sorry to hijack your thread KatBlack - but I am curious to this issue, my teeth generally hurt/throb/ feel icky?
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia