So fed up today :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

So fed up today :(

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 am

Hi all.

Is there anything I can do to make me feel a bit better, even just a tiny bit?

I have had to have the day off work because I couldn't get out of bed this morning. Literally. I slept very badly last night. Probably got about 5 hours sleep and I was actually in bed from 8:30pm until 9:30 this morning. I am in so much pain. My neck and back are throbbing and have been since yesterday morning. I have ear ache and breathing through my nose is irritating me so I keep sneezing, making the headache worse. My right leg feels very odd, almost heavy. I worked yesterday and felt pretty awful (brain fog and generally felt unwell. Numb feet and sore hands). I went to the yard and fed my old horse and then came home. We had a boring dinner (couldn't face cooking so we had soup). So I went to bed with a really bad headache AGAIN! I have had a headache on and off for the past 2 months now. It starts in the back of my head and then comes around to the front like a big rubber band. This morning my alarm went off for work and I couldn't move my arm to turn it off. I told work I wouldn't make it and then tried to sleep it off. No such luck.

I have a colitis attack on the go. I assume from too many painkillers this week.

I am having an MRI on my brain on Thursday so this might show something up. I have been reading up on other things it could be, MS, Syringomyelia and Chiari is what keeps coming up when I look up fibro type issues. Does anyone have experience of any of these things that could give me some advice?

The waste pipe from the bath is frozen too so I can't even have a soak! :'( Tired of being poorly now. So fed up.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: So fed up today :(

Postby Flash » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 am

You're not alone with feeling down and out at the moment. The weather has aggrivated my asthma and arthritis has been giving me hell. I went to GP yesterday with chest infection, stabbing pains under shoulderblade. Have been put on antibiotics so feeling rougher than ever. He asked me if my legs were okay??? I guess he had a reason. Maybe a visit to your GP might help just to rule out anything sinister. It's easy to put every symptom down to one thing. There's a lot going around at the moment.

Take care and I hope you get sorted out soon and feel much better. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

And now I have dropped my phone in the bath.... :cry:

I HATE THIS!!! Stupid foggy brain. I could not find the milk earlier and it was under the sink... Good job I am not working today. I think I would cause chaos!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm

And now I have dropped my phone in the bath.... :cry:

I HATE THIS!!! Stupid foggy brain. I could not find the milk earlier and it was under the sink... Good job I am not working today. I think I would cause chaos!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi Jemma

I know how you feel and I can sense how frustrated you are from reading your posts. I find I often get the same way when I'm having a bad fibro day, which then not only makes me feel worse but because I'm so wound up my brain gets confused and my thoughts messed up! I'll then forget things, drop things, lose things etc.

All you can do when you are having a bad day is rest it out and listen to your body. Try and stay calm (easier said than done I know lol) and just do what you need to do to feel better.

Take Care
x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi LouLou.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just get so annoyed with myself. When this happens, I forget things, drop things, say things that make me sound like a moron etc I just get these awful thoughts about how I used to be before fibro took over. I feel totally out of control of my own body when these days happen.

I cannot be given anything important to do/remember etc. I don't feel safe half the time!

OH has just called to say he is going to try and come home from work early to take me in to town. Luckily I have liquid damage included in the insurance for the phone.

It's like one of those movies that the persons day gets worse. Whats going to happen next, thats my worry...

Thanks again for your helpful words :)
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Awww Jemma you're more than welcome and you are so not alone in your thoughts.

I often think back to how I was pre-fibro and I do still get upset by it. But my other half just tells me I am still the same person I was before I still have the same personality I just have a few more obstacles to cross than other people.

For fibro fog and forgetting things I set constant reminders on my phone, you should see some of them lol silly things like record something, get something out the freezer, text someone back lol. I also have a small filofax diary with these coloured stickers so when put an appointment or to do thing on a date I put the right sticker with it and it's really helped me remember things better. Post it notes or a notice board may help too?

When I talk I often sound like I've had one too many getting my words mixed up or going completely blank mid sentence lol.

Your OH sounds really lovely to come home early to help you, as long as you have love and support it will make things a bit easier.

I hope you get your soak in the bath soon I know I couldn't live without mine.

If you ever need to talk feel free to message me I log on most days.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Pepperty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

I can only say that tomorrow is another day :-D and one of the strange queer bonuses of fibromyalgia has to be that: tomorrow will be 'completely different' to today.

You might go to bed with all sorts of unbearable reacurring pain but tomorrow (the pain) will be in a different place? hopefully one you can manage :-?

I've personally found that my fibrofog has lessened since I stopped giving a 'two hoots' about my mangled speech? Yes, we get words in wrong order/incorrect/forget what we meant? ....but the more you worry, the worse it can be>?

I try to convince myself that its part of my charm ;-) and laugh at myself ( theres nothing else to do but grit teeth)
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby rdmthomas1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:18 pm

I wish there was a magic remedy for us all but alas there isn't - I too suffer neck pain and therefore headaches that start at the back of my head and these are the days I am at my worst. I have a neck massager from homedics that helps a little and in summer I have been known to spray water from the long shower head onto the back of my neck/head - start with it warm then cool it right down to cold for as long as you can bear - just sometimes this can help. Failing that I always save my favourite programmes and foods etc for the days I feel really bad - it just helps to distract me for a while. Hope this helps and you feel better soon
rdmthomas1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia