Book on the healing of fibromyalgia

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby landaise28 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Hello,
This is a super interesting book that I was completely saved my life, I am completely healed for 2 years and I have suffered from Fibromyalgia, debilitating disease, debilitating and isolating much for 2 years, I took a lot of drugs, I 'was desperate, helpless as many of you and I was very skeptical before reading this book, but I still wanted to try and it changed my life, I have no joint or muscle pain, any more fatigue, migraines, headaches, insomnia, restless legs and other disorders that accompany fibromyalgia.
Today I have a good sleep, tone and energy. I could resume my work, social life, outings and trips so I thought I would never get out ... like what should not be discouraged and try other avenues.
You can find this book on the site
www.guerison-fibromyalgie.jimdo.com you will definitely not disappointed.
hoping that it will help you as much as me, I wanted to share my experience.
The book is written in French by a former fibromyalgia has healed completely, you can easily translate it into English
landaise28
UKFM Newbie

Re: Book on the healing of fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Landaise thank you for the book, but I am very skeptical when you claim it has completely cured you. There is NO cure for FM and maybe you are in remission or perhaps you were incorrectly diagnosed.

If you are in remission then long may it last, but please do not claim CURES, if there was such a thing then doctors and the NHS would be using it.

Also on looking at the site you do not have the ability to see what the book is about before buying it, I have looked up oligotherapy as this was mentioned in the text and from what I can gather it is all about alternative therapies which do have a place in helping symptoms of FM but once again I feel the word cure is used to easily
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm

I'm another who is somewhat sceptical when something is said to cure FM, if there really was that magical cure that we are all desperate for, then it would be widely used and easily accessible to all.

Whether you have been fortunate enough to find the right mix of things to get things under control, or are in remission, or was dx'd with FM that turned out to be something else and has been treated successfully, I don't know. As Denys has said tho, please don't refer to what this book promotes as a cure, as so far there is no such thing and having the hopes of members raised only for them to be dashed when things didn't go as well as they were hoping and wishing and wanting and expecting is upsetting for all of us.

Looking at the approach used, based on some translating, it would be completely unsuitable for me to follow as I have extreme reactions to supplements and alternative remedies, so it stating that
Et sans effets secondaires néfastes !!
which when translated into English reads as And without harmful side effects!! isn't a definite guarantee for everyone who tries it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby landaise28 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 pm

I actually cured, it is not just a remission. You should not be desperate.Good luck to you
landaise28
UKFM Newbie

Postby Liver Bird L4 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:39 pm

In my opinion this is a big pile of SPAM!!!!!!!
Liver Bird L4
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:49 pm

I take this with a HUGE pinch of salt... agree with the sentiment that there is no such thing as - one "cure" fits all.

I have sensitivities, allergic reactions, additional health conditions, in other words lots of things that make my Fibromyalgia different to yours, the person in the book, FP's or D's or the next person or the next... a treatment, medication, diet or therapy that suits them could be totally wrong for me and vice versa. We are not Action Man or Barbie; we all come with our own health "quirks".

Mo
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby loubie » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 pm

hi,
if this is so good, why don't YOU tell us how to cure ourselves so we don't have to buy the book??
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby secret squirrel » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:52 pm

I was very skeptical when I read this as it was the first post from a new member & they mentioned cure. Like others have said there is no cure for FM. If there was then we'd all be cured by now!!!!! As Loubie says, Landaise why not share it with us so we don't have to buy the book. Everyone's experience of Fibro is different. What might help one may not help another.

My Fibro used to be so bad I was bed bound. Over the years I have found supplements to help, avoid certain foods which aggravate it, try to keep my stress levels down & take sensible amounts of exercise that help improve my energy levels. I've also had CBT too which helps me live with a chronic illness. My Fibro isn't cured!!! I've just found a way to keep the symptoms down & be positive about it. Sometimes it does flare up, especially at the moment following the sudden death of my sister. But I know this flare up will ease eventually. So Landaise I'm not desperate!!!!

Sadly Fibro is a hot bed of quackery ... I really wish people quite frankly trying to make a quick buck would leave us alone :-x
secret squirrel
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Landaise are you by any chance the author????????????

SS sorry to hear about your sister and agree with your sentiments completely :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flash » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am

What a stupid and potentially dangerous statement to make. A cure for F/M??? Yeah, sure. How on earth can a cure be found for a condition that they don't even know what the cause is yet? :hit1:

Yep, maybe this is a bit of Monty Python... :pigoink 1: Spam spam spam spam :pigoink 1: :chicken-dance: Spam-a-lot!! :chicken-dance:
A healthy diet, gentle excersise when able, drink plenty :wine: :twodrinking1: Oh dear, I meant water and fruit juice... All in moderation and a little bit'a what you fancy, there is a lot we can all do to help a little but a cure is a bit too far off at the moment.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 am

Secret Squirrel gentle hugs and good wishes at this difficult time.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia