Husband has just admitted

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Husband has just admitted

Postby TATT » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi everyone,

My husband who keeps me awake with snoring and flapping around has finally admitted he has restless leg syndrome !!!!! He says he has known for a long while but he is battling it with his mind.

Ah hello, when your asleep matey your battling with my fibro you have no control. He won't take any drugs for it, so I have suggested an iron tablet and magnesium which he says he will try one every other day. I sleep three hours max then I am tossing and turning and have said since we met 9 years ago that he is a flapper in bed.

I am in a very bad flare my 21yr old lives in Spain and has deep vein thrombosis I think it's from drinking alcohol I have been crying and my heart aching because I can't get to her. I am in terrible pain feel beaten up and bad nerve pain in my spine.

Now I have stared jerking, not in bed but during the day when resting, jerking all over with a burning face. Living with a wonderful husband with snoring and restless leg syndrome that he kept to himself. I am sure he is making my fibro bad but I can't say that as I feel too cruel.

Is the jerking down to my flare would anyone know ?

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Husband has just admitted

Postby Gaia » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

I am sorry to hear you are having such a bad time. I think the jerking is to do with your flare up, as I get it quite often when I'm having a relapse/flare up and like you, it happens when I'm awake and asleep. My GP told me it is to do with the nerve sensors being over sensitised at times of high emotional distress.

Try to relax when you can and also a warm bath might help to relax your muscles and sooth the nerve sensors.
Gaia
UKFM Member

Postby bluesheep » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:12 pm

My Mum has restless legs, she drinks a glass of Tonic water every day it's something to do with the quinine in it that helps restless legs.
bluesheep
UKFM Member

Postby tiny229 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:27 pm

My husband was being driven mad with restless legs and tried magnesium ..tonic water ,,,all sorts then a doctor that he saw said that had the same problem and prescribed some tablets that he swore by ...colnazepam 0'5 mg and they are amazing he sleeps now instead of walking the house ....hope this helps :-)
tiny229
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 pm

sorry to hear about your daughter and hope she gets better soon. As for your hubby, if he wont try tablets then maybe going down the tonic water route first may help :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TATT » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Deny's she is worrying the life out of me, which makes sense of what Gaia says.

Tiny & bluesheep i I will try the tonic water, I offered him a Clonazepam 0.5mg last night but he refused. Thing is I slept so well before I moved in with him.

I am not blaming him for my pains but I am a light sleeper now and that is down to him. God help me.

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby Estherlou » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi tatt, sorry to hear you and your husband are suffering at the moment. I know that the tonic water seems to help me when calf cramps set in. I'm also a jerker (if that's a word) :-D I have sudden spasms all over my body usually worse when I am tired or cold and especially bad during stressful times with flare ups. Used to scare me a lot until my husband started saying boo! Every time I did it. Stopped me feeling so embarrassed about it, just another part of fibromyalgia I guess xxx hope you both can get some better sleep soon. I find an extra blanket helps with my restless legs, almost weighs them down a bit x
Estherlou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Tatt

I'm sorry to hear everything you are going through, I know the feeling at the moment (I've posted it on here today)

I don't think I can add anymore that what the others have already posted, I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and your daughter.

I often get that jerking thing when I'm resting but I think it may be either down to my meds(I'm on tramadol and co codamol) or I do find it happens when I am really tired.

I think all the stress and worry is making your flare worse, I too am going through a flare brought on by worry and stress. I would say try not to worry and stay calm but I know that's easier said than done and I'm certainly struggling with that at the moment.

Just take care of yourself, try and get as much rest as you can. You can still be there for your daughter over the phone, or have you thought of trying skype? I've never used it but I have friends who have and find it a great tool to use when speaking to people abroad. You can even use webcams to see each other?

Not sure I was much help but just wanted to show my support for you.
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Thank you so much, been in bed not sleeping or doing anything so much fatigue and pain. So thank you for thinking of me. Too tired to chat.

Tatt xxx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm

hi, TATT, so sorry to hear you are feeling so bad,

i hope you and your daughter get better soon,

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia