Leg and hip pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Leg and hip pain

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:50 pm

As a newbie with an excellent GP who is just a bit wary of making diagnosis final (he hopes neurologist will do this) I was wondering if people feel leg pain more when walking uphill or up stairs as my legs and buttocks are screaming out after 12 stairs and a 40 second hill climb. Opinions would be appreciated. :dunno: :dunno:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Leg and hip pain

Postby Sujo69 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi there, for me climbing stars is the worst activity. I get a burn in the top of my legs. I avoid climbing stairs where possible but my work place is full of them and i work upstairs.
Sujo69
UKFM Newbie

Postby shelmerdine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Unfortunately its part and parcel of the everyday pain we have to endure. As you are a newby I wish you luck and have faith, you will have your good days xx :crazy: :-)
shelmerdine
UKFM Newbie

Postby crystalkaz » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Hello dotty lotty and :welcome: Sorry to hear you are suffering with soooooo, much pain. I have just been hit by a fibro flare and the symptoms you have at the moment are same. Pleased you have a good GP on board, thats half the battle getting correct help. Fibro is very good at mimicing other illnesses so it takes a lot of different tests x-rays or Consultants. Before they will give you a diagnosis........

Does your GP know about recent pain in your legs ? Please go and have checked out just to be on safeside, that is the golden rule for us Fibromites, do not put everything down to fibro..... :fingerscrossed: with Neurologist
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby Carole » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 pm

FMS affects us all so differently but the running theme throughout is pain and fatigue and muscle weakness. Personally I have different kinds of pain and I can get them all in the same day, strength in my muscles is non existent and fatigue flays me more often than not. The older I get the worse it gets, I can`t now believe that I ever worked for years with it as well as being a Mum of two!! Another thing is too on the whole we all have other health problems to contend with along with FMS,
Although we can take advice from fellow fibromites at the end of the day we have to work out for ourselves how to live with it day to day but it always good to hear how others cope ..for one thing I think it reasurres us that we aren`t alone and more importantly aren`t going mad because some days thats just how it feels/seems.
As time goes on and you think its not so bad afterall as you have worked out how to deal with it WHOOSH!!! and before you know it you are in the throws of a flare up with pain on top notes and everything is just too much
It helps if you have an understanding partner/family, some are lucky on that score and others have to make the best of it !!
I really do feel for anyone who has to work and contend with the symptoms of FMS and hope you can work out how best to cope and once you have a definite diagnosis you have a GP that really understands and is helpful in how best you can cope with it
carole xx
Carole
UKFM Member

Postby Estherlou » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello Hun, you're definitely not alone with this kind of hip and leg pain. I get it every time I go upstairs. My mum who also has FMs has a brilliant name for the bottom pain........Popcorn butt! :shock: Feels like little fireworks going off in your muscles after walking for a bit. This illness is so completely horrible, have to find a little humour where we can. Also there's no shame in stopping halfway up stairs for a minute to ease it up a bit xx
Estherlou
UKFM Member

Postby dianamarie » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

yes my legs and hips hurt a lot, when i go upstairs, or even when laying in bed, :( xx
dianamarie
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Thank you all for the replies. This forum is very very helpful for newbies and reading through the symptoms of others I think yes thats me. So it now time to accept that I have this :pull-hair: condition and accept I have to pace myself (which is easier said than done for a fidget like me who cant settle if something needs done) and hopefully what I now think is a flare up will settle when the weather improves. :fingerscrossed:
Thanks again :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby lou@4072 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:02 am

Hi everyone

Iv'e had leg and hip pain for many years. My hip use to pop out of its socket while i was at work. Docs never did anything about it.
Maybe this was the start of my fibro. The past year ive been suffering from lower back pain and leg pain. One point it would go with a couple of days rest and over the counter painkillers. Now i suffer everyday docs are trying to find the best meds for me.

This is all new to me, So hope this site will help me :-)
Take care all xx
lou@4072
UKFM Newbie

Postby crystalkaz » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 am

Hello lou@4072 :welcome: glad you have found us. Everyone on here are friendly bunch. Never worry about asking anything. As we are all in the same boat, so to speak drifting through life together on our journey trying to understand Fibro...... someone will always come along to offer you help and to support by sharing their experiences dealing with fibro, as it has so many different symptoms.

As you have explained about suffering with the pain in your hip and lower back for many years. At the moment I have a feeling in my hip that its not quite in the socket just like you have described as if its going to pop out. Also have lower back problem, groin has gone into spasm so finding it difficult even to sit or lie down. I thought I was going mad when I stood up, then lost my balance ended up at the hospital as I knocked my front tooth and broke it. Anyway my GP is now taking notice of me, trying to get me sorted knows how bad my latest flare is. Each time I have flare its getting harder to deal with pain.

Thankyou for sharing, Just chatting to others on here makes it a lot better, knowing you are never alone.
takecare, :hugs:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby lou@4072 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:06 pm

Helloooo

Ive been fighting with my doc about the pains in my hips, and sometimes when i kneel down my knees lock aswell which is painfull when u r out in town :( Anyway i asked my Doc if i could be refured to a specalist as i want to rule out any other problems and that it may be due to my Fibo.. She said YESSSS!!!!! so hopefully i should get this sorted now.... Taken my a year of fighting with them fingers crossed guy.... :D xx

much love xxx
lou@4072
UKFM Newbie

Postby Salgor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I have been suffering with this pain in the upper thigh and hip area. It really does hurt when I get up from a sitting position and if I walk, even a little, or climb stairs it hurts so much it feels that it is burning. My GP sent me for an hip Xray which has come back satisfactory. I am now going to make another appt. to see if she has any other answers, although I suspect is is the FM.

S
Salgor
UKFM Member

Postby evie15 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi there, I have been having this since January, the same burning and worse with stairs and hills.

I told my rhummy and he said it may be a muscle pulled, but it doesn't feel like that.

I am going to my GP next week and intend to tell him about it as I think it may be hip bursitis as all of the symptoms fit.
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 am

HI Ester lou.....love the idea of popcorn butt ..explains it to a T
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Fibrocaz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi all

I get the same..bad pain in legs ..hips groin area and thighs..my thighs are in agony and butt when i go upstairs too..it is even worse when i sit down..even worse when i lay down in bed. I never get a good nights sleep because of the evil pain also in the bottom of spine...my legs go numb and pins and needles in feet..I was on Duloxitine, good mood lift, but made me very high, never slept , also on Gabapentine..relax me well..but the pain(which is bizzare) is worse when the musles are relaxed...Im thinking, maybe i have a spine problem too... :-?
Fibrocaz
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia