Don't think I can handle anything else

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Don't think I can handle anything else

Postby fatanne1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 pm

ps just like to apolgise for my poor spelling was done on my phone and I never spell check lol my texting is even more shocking :lol:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 am

Oh love I really feel for you hang in there , could you get any one who boarded there animals there to speak up for your husband
give me animals any day ,all they wont is a good home lots of T L C and good food after my cat died at 16 I was devastated if there is such a think as a cat being your soul mate Smudge was mine , did eventually get a rescue cat who had been kicked about starved of food locked in cupboard :evil: :evil: as the result of this she now has 16 teeth the vet said he had never seen such bad gums and teeth.we have had her for 5 years and it has taken us all this time to win her trust even now she will have a flash back and cower or take some of her dried food and hide it give me animals any day

good luck sure everyhing will turn out ok x
kitten
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 am

Oh Denys I have everything crossed that Harry will be ok soon. He is gorgeous I haven't seen a collie like him before. As I said when I can get my Tinkerbelle to sit still for 5 minutes I'll get her pic as my avatar lol.

masonsbarms I too believe in the truth being revealed in the end and what goes around comes around! I've seen it happen so many times.

fatanne I hope your flare eases up soon I know how bad they can be. Don't worry about the spelling, you should see some of the things I've typed in the past lol.

Kitten, so sorry for smudge. I just don't get how people can be so cruel. Tinkerbelle still gets what I think are flashbacks too as she will sometimes cower or look really scared for no reason. We just have to love them as much as we can. And my other half has so much support from the customers at the kennels, most of them have known him for 10 years now and have all said if he ever left to work elsewhere they would follow him.

Feeling better after our talk last night. We dedicated an hour to writing and talking about or worries and things that had gone on at work. We also put solutions to each problem should it arise. After that hour we decided that we would try not to worry until anything actually happened. Then we cuddled up and watched a film and for the first time in a week we both had a good cosy evening in. For now my Grandad is in the best place he can be and is making slow progress. Hubs to be won't know for definite about what's happeneing for work for a few weeks. As for my work well I'm still pushing myself but have decided that if I can't get through the whole of today then I will put myself first and go home. All my work is up to date and I haven't had a single day off since December which I'm quite proud of. At the end of the day if I keep pushing I will end up in a huge flare which will last longer than if I rest up now.

You guys are all so amazing, such a supportive fibro family. Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and for thinking of me.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fatanne1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:18 pm

hi lou lou been trying to get round to messaging you all day, been thinking about your s and hubs to be chats, im realy glad it went well, you seem a bit brighter I feel like my knees and back about to explode as ive done a full day hairdressing till 7, and like you've just said very silly I know,, esepecialy as im in a flair but sometimes we just have to honour our comittments, even if it means being in bed all wkend lol. packing lunches now , then off to brd for a nice restless sleep . xxxx glad your feeling a better. love and hugs and take care of you. xxxxx :-)
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am

:hugs: :hugs: for you fatanne.

I know what you mean though I'm just as guilty for pushing through a flare even though I know I shouldn't. I'm much better than I used to be at slowing down lol but I doubt I'll ever get it completely right.

Thank you for thinking of us, things are getting better slowly. Hubs to be is still really stressed out but we are trying to talk things out so that neither of us is holding onto stuff on our own.

I hope you have a lovely restful weekend, lots of pampering!

And thank you for reminding me I need to call my hairdresser for a trim lol flippin fibro fog!
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fatanne1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 pm

hey all, hey loulou, thanx for your post, after another long day im finaly finished for wkend I am going to try and rest but with two busy boys not mch hope,, going to try dvd and pj day,,, :-D saw my best friend today which has proper perked me up, shes great and while she dosnt understand fully and who can unless you've got it, she sits and listens to my moaning whenever I need to she is so patient and kind and I love her to peaces, without her and my long suffering to moan at think I would go slowly insane I thank my lucky stars to have them , I find other people because they don't understand get bored with it very quickly they think you should take drugs and be better , bit like a ccold or headache lol. to be honest that's why I joined here cause we all understand 1 another, as I think I might push everyone away eventualy lol. I hope you have a calm and restful wkend with your lovely tinkabell and hubs to be before the grind mon morn and your very understanding :crazy: not... bosses. lol :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: take care of you. xxxxxxxx ps glad to be of assistance re hair reminder,xxxxxxxxx
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby charley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 pm

Sounds like you've had a hellish time of things, I hope you and your Grandad are better soon :)
Your work can't actually penalise you for any time you have off because of your illness, esp when they know you have a medical condition. They also have an obligation to provide you with necessary adjustments to help you with your work, so you should consider speaking to someone higher up about that! (Maybe try Citezen's Advice if you don't get anywhere with them?)
I know it doesn't seem like it now, but things will get better, especially when you have your wedding to look forward to :) :hugs:
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:02 am

Gentle hugs , hope you both have relaxed a little over weekend and feel better for it.

I appreciate that your hubby to be may not be in a union but if he is I would get him to contact them just to let them know
whats going on. I would also suggest that he write down his recollection of the events that happend surrounding the dogs death. Do it in a timeline and if there are points where he can get witness he should note that down as well.
Eg did he ring the vet to discuss the dogs health issues, approx time , who did he talk to etc when did he discuss the dogs issues with the owners, who did he talk to , thier response etc. who did he then inform of the owners response. Even seemingly little things like when did someone last look in on the dog what was it behaviour like etc. Appreciate you may have already done this but just in case.

For your self I would get a new diary and from now on log your syptoms how they effect you and any difficulties you might have got into in work or comments that might have been made. Its not nice I know but I was bullied at work some years ago now and my "case" rather my complaint to managers was not up held as I didn't have evidence of when & were alleged incident took place. With anything that brings in HR I have learnt to my cost ...write it down, from the simple phone call to a row with your boss.

Good luck hun and just remember ...this too will pass...who knows what is around the corner.

Your grandpa sounds a real character and it also seems as if he is on the road to recover so hopefully he will be out again and back with you all very soon.

Take care

xx
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:54 am

ISM and Charley

Thank you for your lovely messages. My Grandad is still really poorly in hospital but slowly making progress. He is finally coming round to the idea of living in some sort of home or complex where they have carers. He is so independent bless him but I think this has really shook him up.

Had a lovely weekend actually. ISM I too have had issues with previous employers and I learnt to write everything down, no matter how insignificant it can seem. We both sat down one night last week and dedicated an hour to talking and writing everything down to do with his work issues and mine. He did the witness thing too and logged any phone calls he made and the name of the person he spoke to. Proved he isn't just a pretty face after all lol. But after we did that we both felt so much better. We cancelled our plans for the weekend and just stayed in and spent quality time together talking about happier things like the wedding and we watched loads of dvd's - that's our fave hobby lol. It's just what I needed to let my body recover. My mum is a professional aromatherapy masseuse and came to give me an all over massage Saturday - I was in heaven lol. I'm one of the few people with FM who finds gentle massage helps but it does have to be really gentle.

Charley thank you for your advice too, I know work can't atcually do anything for me having time off and they have been kept fully informed of my illness from when it first started 2 years ago. They just seem to want to make things very difficult for me. The HR lady who was supposed to be sorting a laptop out for me is now off sick indefinitely so my boss said he will look into it. I will give this 2 weeks then go higher as I have been asking for months now and it will benefit the company as well as me.

fatanne I hope your two boys let you rest a little bit lol. I don't have any munchkins yet but hoping for one after the wedding. I know what you mean about people understanding. I've been very lucky with my family and they are all so great but even my other half said he doesn't fully understand because he doesn't feel the actual pain I feel.

Oh sugar I still forgot to call the hairdresser lol I must have got distracted after reading your post lol.

Hope you all have a good week

Thanks again for your support as always

xxx
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi lou glad you managed to get some stuff written down, you sound like a strong team :-D :-D :-D :-D

Thank you for your wishes to Haz he is a special furbaby, he has every problem he could have through over breeding but I like to think we do our best for him (even if he doesnt think so some times :lol: :lol: )
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks Denys

We are by no means the perfect couple lol but we have found over the last 8 years of being together that talking things through works much better than keeping things to yourself. Though we are both as stubborn as each other which isn't always a good thing lol.

So glad Harry is doing better, I don't know what possesses some people to do these things to doglets. He is very lucky to have you looking after him.

Keep us posted on his progress, I know Belle is very eager to make sure her new furryend is ok lol
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Harry loves his new 'furryends' too I dont believe in perfect just good :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fatanne1 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:33 pm

hey all, problem with laptop sun wudnt let me log on, sounds like most of you had a relaxing wkend , I wud say just wat drs ordered, but half of them dnt believe lol. my boys did let me chill a little but unfortuanatly I still have to feed them lol, my eldest went to his friends on sat , so me and little man and henri dog chilled and wated dvds and ate popcorn, ( medicinal honest ). on sun we had a family day, which wasn't as nice as it sounds because after swim lessons , my hubby dragged us round looking for cars,, boo!!!!! so as you might guess after running errands this morn , I slept for an hr this pm, nightmare , so much to do,,, I did have some sad news sun,, a friend of a friend who has bad fibro, lost his 26 year old brother to cancer sat eve,, 10 days ago his mom had a stroke, and his dad has prostate cancer, preety disastrous receipe for fibr suffer, I think we will all agree, he has alovely wife and son but this is realy going to set him back,, his mom has fm, does anyone know if its heriderty????
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 am

Hi fatanne poor man must be devastated, there has been talk of links before and an awful lot of members have other family members with it or are having children diagnosed so I would say there is evidence that points towards it unfortunately :( :( :( :(
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 am

Oh fatanne I am so sorry to hear that.

Cancer certainly seems to be rearing it's ugly head a lot lately. All you can do is be there for your friend as much as possible and do what you can to help. For those of us with FM will know, anything that worries or stresses us out will make our symptoms worse and there isn't a lot we can do about it. It's easy to say we should try and not get worked up, but with this kind of devastating news it will be very hard for anyone not to be upset.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help here fatanne, just wanted to send you my thoughts and to your friend aswell.

It may be worth you putting this as a new post as you may get more replies that will help in regards to whether it's heredetary?

Take Care
xx
LouLou
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia