Don't think I can handle anything else

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Don't think I can handle anything else

Postby DOM33 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:52 am

Please do not give up. Have you heard about FSM for pain relief, if not google it and please try. After 20 years of pain and sleepless nights I have found something that finally works, pain has gone down from 7 to 3 and it is wonderful. :-D :-D
DOM33
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi DOM have googled FSM and glad you have found something that helps, it doesnt say anything about cost as obviously this isnt available on the NHS (possibly yet) and is something most of us have to consider.

Many people on here use TENS machines and find it gives some relief, so it will be interesting to see if this takes off and is adopted as a recognised treatment for FM. It might be better to start your own thread giving the link you use for people to decide for themselves
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fatanne1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 pm

hi all my friend is realy having a tough time, his mom cant even make funeral shes too ill , so he is having to bear the load, poor man, his fm been all over the place anyway b4 his bros death,, and lou lou ur rite I watched one of my best friends beaten by it and its cruel, I also lost a young friend with ayoung child its terrible for a family,, especialy wen one of them has fm, im a bit worried now about the heridertry thing, I have thought about it b4,,but the thought ive passed this vile illness onto my two babies breaks my heart, although I have to say my maternal granddad and my mom both had rheumatoid arthritis, so I suppose there are links there. oh well cai sara sara eh :roll:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:37 am

Anne dont think about the hereditary link, you might not have passed it on and anyway there is no way of testing to see, and maybe your children wont have the trigger that caused yours again no way of knowing, so worrying is going to male you worse and all over something you have no control over.

At least if they do develop it in later life, with all the research that is going on everywhere, they stand a chance of a proper treatment and they will have their wonderful mother to help them through it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 am

Oh fatanne I am so so sorry you are going through this at the moment and so sorry for your friend too.

All we can do is be there as much as we can for people and llet them know we are there.

I agree with Denys, as hard as it is not to worry you really can't do anything about the situation until you are actually in it. And they are doing amazing things with cancer patients these days. I know it's hard not to worry, I'm the same with hubs to be's job but until we know more we can't do anything and all the worry and stress was making my FM worse.

You have to kind of be a lil bit selfish with FM and try and do what you can to keep yourself ok. Lots of rest, hot bubble baths and don't push yourself too much during this difficult time.

I'm thinking of you and your friend and sending you both lots of love and hugs :blowkiss: :grouphug: :hugs:
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby fatanne1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:56 pm

thsnx all and I know everyones right, I am a real worrier , I worry about everything and everyone, my hubby says if I dnt have something to worry about ill make something lol. im sure I don't .. trying to chill now got family coming who I norm avoib an d ive only just got back frm boys activitys phw, no wonder im knakered :crazy: hope everyone else is having an ok day, best that can be I asked for I know. xxxxx
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia