cattle prod pain!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cattle prod pain!

Postby bridesmum » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Do any of you get what I call the electric cattle prod pain or feel like you've been tasere'd? I was once sat in front of my gp telling her I couldn't take the back pain any more and was constantly jumping and yelping with the electric shock pains!
bridesmum
UKFM Member

Re: cattle prod pain!

Postby Sujo69 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes, I get similar now and again. I call it a sewing needle pushed up under you finger/ toenails. Ouch.
Sujo69
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Sounds like nerve pain i get this alot with my sciatica feels like im wearing one of those electric shock suits and someone keeps pressing the button :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 pm

yes nerve pain is a b***er, hurts like mad :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:11 am

I've noticed a lot more of these types of pain recently always accompanied by the random jump or twitch. Ok when on your own, but can raise a few eye brows when you are in a queue or with other people. I think it must be like being tazered on a low setting:lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Laura786 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi all........ I also get these electric shock pains......doctors can't explain this or stop this. If anyone has advice I'm all ears!!! :hugs:
Laura786
UKFM Member

Postby sleepy kitty » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:21 am

There is actually a medical name for this. It's called Myoclonus and is a sudden involuntary jerking of mucle groups associated with nurological disorders. Though I should say that I have not found any medical reference relating it it FM on any Uk websites, only on USA ones. I get it a lot when I am over-tired, which is usually when I have had to go out somewhere. The looks people give you when you sit there twitching and jerking would be funny if it wasn't so painful. "Cattle prod pain" is a very good description :yikes:
sleepy kitty
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia