Book

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Book

Postby Rachellou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi ppl,

Quick question I'm wanting to read a book on the Fibromyalgia condition and there are some many available any ideas on the best one to read?

Thank you
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: Book

Postby Marg » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:52 pm

My sister got me (Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain)A SERVIVAL MANUAL second edition it's really good it explains every symptom, she got it online from Oxfam second hand books
Marg
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Living with Fibromyalgia by Christine Craggs-Hinton, 2000. It helped me a lot the auther was a frquent colunmist in the F/M magazine.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby helenclaire » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm

The first book I read was Living with Fibromyalgia by Christine Craggs-Hinton (you can download it to your Kindle for next to nothing). It really helped. It basically tells you everything you probably already know, but it's all in one place. It made me feel less alone, and motivated me into thinking and acting positive.
helenclaire
UKFM Member

Postby Liver Bird L4 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 pm

I will always recommend this book to anyone: Explain Pain by David S. Butler & G. Lorimer Moseley.

It does what it says in the title to be honest in plain English. Any pain doctor you see will probably have this in their collection.

Also if you put in particular Lorimer Mosely into YouTube there are a ton of videos with him in and they are fantastic. What I wouldn't give to be a patient of his!

Hope it helps.
Liver Bird L4
UKFM Member

Book

Postby Rachellou » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks for the replies I shall have a look at getting it
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia