Pain in the bum...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain in the bum...

Postby rachie611 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Ok, does anyone else find that their bum really hurts if they sit down for too long?

I work in an office so I am sitting down for about 8 hours a day and lately I have been in agony! My bum just hurts so much! I have tried sitting on a cushion but this doesn't do anything! Neither does taking pain killers! I have to find excuses to get up and walk about!

Does anyone else get this? How do you cope!?

Helppp!!! xxxx
rachie611
UKFM Member

Re: Pain in the bum...

Postby kat101 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:38 pm

All the time. At night when I am sleeping too. Constantly have to turn over to relieve the pressure. I use a cream I get from the states called aspercreme and it relieves it right away. This one doesn't have any smell. I also find that the Devil's Claw Gel from Holland and Barretts works almost instantly. They carry another brand of Devil's Claw Gel too but I don't find it near as effective as there own brand of it. When I am out shopping I often have to go to the ladies and put the cream on my hips and thighs so I can go on shopping without pain. Hope this will work for you.
kat101
UKFM Member

Postby Pipsie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm

I find getting my partner to massage my bum helps, and I also find a TENS machine helps lots. They're fairly small so maybe convenient for work? I am house bound so spend a lot of time sitting. I find regular light stretches every hour helps, too. Hope this helps :)
Pipsie
UKFM Member

Postby Pipsie » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:01 pm

And a small hot water bottle when things are real bad gives relief, too.
Pipsie
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm

yes, i get buttock ache :( feels like ive been sitting on a stone bench for hours! I use a memory foam pad to sit on at my pc chair and it helps me last out at my computer longer than I normally can do. I also have a memory foam bolster for my lower back that I push into place and also a really good quality chair with lumbar support should help you.
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby rachie611 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm

I hate that you guys get it too but thank God I'm not alone!!!

Thanks for the cream suggestions I will have a look in Holland and Barrats :) Do you use it all the time or just when it hurts?

I didn't think of the memory foam pillow!! I am definitely going to have to look into it!

Thank you so much for your advice guys :)
rachie611
UKFM Member

Postby fibrobilly » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi
I also suffer with pain in you know what, It was the first symptom for the start of fibro, and I was told it was Bursitis , and weavers bottom,
caused by the bones rubbing together,the only time I get no pain is when I lie down.
Take care
Fibrobilly
fibrobilly
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia