Chronic Indigestion,

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chronic Indigestion,

Postby Miss Painful » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:53 am

Hi Fibromites

I have been getting chronic indigestion with a gripping pain in my chest and pain in my jaw, when this first happened I thought it was a heart attack, but no Fibromyalgia (what a surprise). I take Tums and if I cannot burp I drink Lemonade, once I burp I feel better. Has anybody else had this.
Gentle Hugs :shock:
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Re: Chronic Indigestion,

Postby froggy72 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:14 am

warm water helps hunnie xxx. go see you r g p ranitadine 150 and malabeven this will help xx sorry my spelling not good xxx :yikes: gental hugs. p s rub you r tummy and get you r partner to rub you r back this will help i am realy bad with above. good luck xx
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby Mccoll2u » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 am

I get this quite a bit i have taken alsorts for it but the best remedy for me is a good old soak in the bath strange as it seems but it works for me

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Mccoll2u
UKFM Member

Postby froggy72 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:53 am

drink the warm water sorry boil kettle pour hot water in mug let cool xx :yikes: xxxxxx
froggy72
UKFM Member

Postby Pepperty » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:46 pm

alas, me too. The pain is hideous isnt it :cry: I try to get upright as swift as possible and move around as best I can to dislodge the trapped wind.

I do have to admit that I eat all the wrong foods, but in time you will probably suss out what doesnt agree with you. I think its got something to do with slow-go digestion? I'm also hypothyroid so have IBS symptoms with that and the fibro. Suggest a good prescription from your G.P as over the counter remidies seem weak? I chew so many when I'm suffering that I literally foam at the mouth like a rabid dog!

Cola works for me sometimes, The trapped wind feels like a knife is being jabbed into your heart, its almost the worst sudden pain Ive ever experienced, makes me break out into sweats and feel faint/sick. If you also have god-awful wind and acid reflux so it could be a haitus hernia?... I only mention this because my mum has that and my sympoms are identical, but again chances are its just yet an annoying fibro issue :evil:
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby liv » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:03 pm

I have had lots of similar problems but am much better now.

For me the improvement is down to 2 things .... Bimuno, a really good probiotic you can get at Boots ..... and cleaning up my diet, cutting out most wheat, sugar and dairy (also helps ease aches so much).

I have found it really is worth the effort, though sometimes boring! Good luck!!
liv
UKFM Member

Postby Treece » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Have to say this is one of the most painful symptoms... I too thought it was a heart attack and an ECG calmed me down, I have since been for two tests one was a camera down my throat, which came back clear.. the other was a small tub that is passed up the nose and it has sensors on it... its passed down and into the stomach... then you have to sip water and it measures the pressure... I have a nutcracker gullet and oesophagus... sadly I was told it is typical of a fibro sufferer to have this problem...

I try to stay calm and swallow... and then eventually it releases ...

gentle hugs x
Treece
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 am

have you tried
ANTACID from Asda?
it is calcium carbonate
that's the best for me

other brands from other supermarkets didn't do the trick, they were a poor excuse for sweets

also tried ranitadine (from GP and something else from him), it reduced the acid in the stomack and gave me long term worse problems (massive constipation)

all the best
Lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi
Acid reflux is fairly common with fibro so it might be worth you going to see your go about it, i have to take Omeprazole everyday for mine.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm on Lansoprazole for acid reflux as OTC stuff didn't do anything for me. If you can't get to see your GP easily or for quite a while, a word with a pharmacist might help with finding something to settle things down to a more comfortable level.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazak » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:01 pm

hi yes i too suffer with heart burn, acid reflux and indegestion and have lansoprazole which does help.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby shoshanna51 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi,
I get this too, once the pain in my chest settles it usually ends up with a burning tight sensation in my throat. I hate it :too-upset:
It is very scary and no matter that I know it heartburn/indigestion I still think I am having a heart attack ( compounded by a deep phobia about heart attacks ).
Is this really another symptom of FM ?
shoshanna51
UKFM Member

Postby Miss Painful » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you all for your comments, it is good to know that I am not alone. It seems that the longer you have this rotton syndrome the more other things seem to pop up.
Gentle Hugs to you all :yikes: :needhug:
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia