New job!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New job!

Postby wendy lowe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Hi guys havent been on here for a while so much stuff has happened :-| my old workplace closed down which has been awful as my boss was the best.Had to deal with packing up the store no job an no money! Managed to get myself a new job in a well known fashion store but chose not to mention fibro as I feel its my business and people just wont employ you if they think your ill :nono: well have been working for 4 days and done 14 hours thats all! and am in the worst pain !my legs feel like I ran everywhere my boobs constantly hurt( this is a regular thing)my head hurts an my brain is fried feel totally useless :cry:
wendy lowe
UKFM Member

Re: New job!

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi Wendy :wave:

Congrats on your new job.

Sorry to hear your legs & boobs are hurting though, try walking slower they might not bounce so much :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope your body gets used to it and you are able to continue working. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby wendy lowe » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks for that :-| its extremely painful to the point of screaming .Does anyone else get this ? Have had it for 3 months now and only goes during period?
wendy lowe
UKFM Member

Postby wendy lowe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Update going to quit made so many mistakes its unreal :( :-x feel useless and now done my back in doing 2 hours of delivery unpacking. Well now I know my limits theyre not gonna like me but am so miserable :(
wendy lowe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:51 pm

At least you gave it a go Wendy, hope you feel better after a rest. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby wendy lowe » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Thank you :-) its nice to know someone is out there.
wendy lowe
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 am

Oh bless you, you really are an inspiration but you need to be aware of your limits!!! I havnt been able to work now for nearly 4 years and i really do miss not having that daily challenge and a purpose to get up for but i know i cant do what i did and i wouldnt last for very long!!! I have taken up knitting scarfs i can only do a small amount at a time as i have numbness in my hands and it completely drains me but as i am learning to knit it is keeping my brain active. I am doing them for family and friends for birthdays and christmas as i just needed something to stop my brain seizing up completely. But well done you for trying to keep working but it could be the time to seriously look at your future at work!!!

:hugs: Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi Wendy

At least you had a go and you should be proud of that! Don't feel bad, you aren't giving up you are just making suitable changes to your life.

If you still want to work and feel capable of working maybe look at jobs in offices where you will be sitting alot of the time. I currently do 30 hours a week and the only reason I can still do that is because I work in an office. It's always nice and warm and I can sit to do my work. I still struggle a lot with pain and fatigue and not being able to get my brain working, but I know that I wouldn't be able to do any other kind of job with FM.

Like Shazq said have a good rest and think about where you want to go next.

Well done for trying though!
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby vixster » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

It's good that you gave it a go even though it caused you pain, at least now you have something with which to measure your limitations.

Good luck with whatever else you choose to do next :-)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
vixster
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I work in an office too, and much as I'd like to go back to teaching, I don't think it'll be possible. Teaching you are expected to take into consideration any medical needs / disabilities of your pupils, but yours don't seem to matter.

I cope okay most of the time with my job, though I have days where even sitting at a desk is too much. The top of my head has been really painful to the touch yesterday and today, which causes problems as I work in a call centre, and my headset presses on where my head hurts.
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

hi wendy
well done you for trying :hugs:

i ended up dropping days until i couldn't even do one day a week :(
i struggle at home now and no way could i do a job :(
even though i would love to be able to, miss it so much :(

but we have to put ourselves first now for a change
if we don,t its only us that suffer.

have some time off see how you go, you mite be able to do a part time job latter
we are not all the same
still well done for trying :-D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia