pins and needles

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pins and needles

Postby angie68 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:17 pm

hellooo everyone, can anybody help me please! does anybody else have this problem, when we lay down for bed and wake up or it wakes us up, have pins n needles and numbness all the way down from neck to feet on the side we lay on??? this is starting to worry thinking its something else than fibro!!! its realy getting to me and worrying me, and my arms seems to be th worse go numb with me fingers lock until i start moving them and with this i ache more throughout the day with this :( :( thank you for taking your time to read this xx :-)
angie68
UKFM Member

Re: pins and needles

Postby ElvisPresley » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Sometimes I get pins and needles in my arms and hands, not just on the side I'm lying on, it can be the other side as well, which is very odd. It's more numbness than pins and needles with me. It can also happen if I'm reading in bed, even after just a few minutes. Lying on my back and holding a book or magazine up makes both arms and hands go numb! Hope this helps put your mind at rest.
ElvisPresley
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:39 pm

phewwwww ye i get that if lay on me back it goes across me shoulders the numbness n pins n needles, it realy starting to frighten me cos i know know 1 can help with this, sometimes i darent lay down scared incase i dont wake up :( :( do you know if anything can be done about this,??? or something we have to live with x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:42 pm

hi yes quite often i wake up with pins and needles on the side i was lying on and like you i have to move them till they go normal again. everyday i now have pins and needles in all of my toes both feet, its sore kinda what i think frost bite might feel like. my doctor is sending me to neurology to get it checked out. i hope this helps you out. i would prob go see my doctor about it :-)
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:47 pm

yes i have this also 24/7, im feeling a bit of emotnial today im sick of having pain every day and cant do what i used too to do, if i try this and come back down with a bang on fire tingly feelings and burny shoulders and feet :( aching thighs hips and back ooooo what a whinge im having today x :( thank you x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Patem » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:56 pm

Yer I get Pins and Needlesand numbness when I lay in bed and read or are holding phone playing games. :(
Patem
UKFM Newbie

Postby Garny » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi I have just joined this site and saw your post...... I am currently waiting results... I have been suffering with pins and needles for over a year now , this is my main symptom I have it on both sides and all over apart from my torso....I had it down one side of my face once , I thought I was having a stroke ! I wake early every day with it .... And find using my hands and arms difficult when I first get up , ie getting in the shower to wash my hair then dry it is a real issue.. Over the year I have seen a number of GP's who had no idea why it was happening I had a number of blood tests and X-rays ...I was put on a course of B12 vitamin ....and finally referred to a neurologist ...where I was given an MRI scan ..thankfully this came back clear, he told me he was going to check my heart and refer me for a nerve test, which I had last week....Omg never again it was awful ....electric waves on various nerves up and down my right arm and leg ...then he tested my muscles by stabbing a needle into them ...ouch! I'm awaiting the results but whilst googling what the test I had might be looking for I came across Fibromyalgia ..never heard of it before....

I have read through the symptoms and now feel really concerned ...
I have been to and fro the optician as I have had a problem with my eyes over the last two years where they stream like turning on a tap that I have no control over....it seems to effect me when the sun is bright or I am under bright lights...or sitting in a car with air con etc... Quite dangerous while I'm driving I have to just pull over and suffer till it stops....

My memory has been noticeably bad in last few years I forget important things and can be told something one minute and forget it straight away .... I have had tears over the last few yrs with frustration with it, worries me and frustrates me.

Whilst I'm chatting I find I loose words I can see them but can't say them if that makes sense or I simply forget whatim trying to say...

I find it hard to sit in noisy places and constantly telling my family to turn noisy things off ie tv..... I can't concentrate on people talking the tv going etc... Once I told my 10 yr old to stop talking to me as I couldn't concentrate to cut up an onion !!

I have a constant dull pain in my right arm like I've been punched , I would say the muscle is much weaker than its ever been...

I'm quite a chilled out person but have felt quite anxious over this all last year... I have seen a pattern in the last few months as I worry over something the pain get stronger....

So reading your post gives me comfort ..I'm not on my own with these pins and needles and I'm not going mad .... Any suggestions on pain relief ????

:crazy:
Garny
UKFM Newbie

Postby angie68 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 am

hello garny oooo going through a lot i see, i been to my drs he said not worry to much about pins n needles but we do its frightening when we never realy had it before, but fibrmyalgia has a lot of symptons, the most annoying is the chronic muscle pain all the time its so frustrating all i want and most others what a pain free day i havent for years, but what will be stressing you because you dont know what your problem is when you do it will be a relief in some ways and then you can google away and look and see what ye can do x i dont know how the dr can put people through sticking pins in some1, ouch :yikes: i feel for you garny but this site will give a lot info and these moderators are fantastic , if you make a NEW POST in your name they will help you or suggest things in another direction, pease keep me informed and wish you well x :-)
angie68
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia