Tens Machine

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tens Machine

Postby CarrieH » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:31 pm

I had my first pain clinic appt at the weekend and the doctors suggested trying a tens machine. Any thoughts on which ones might be best or things to look out for? Seems to be loads available and not sure where to start. Doctor just said don't spend over £40 as anything over that is only more expensive because it might look nicer. Do I need to look at different ones for specific areas of pain? Or do they all work the same? My worst pain is right shoulder / neck and left hip.
CarrieH
UKFM Member

Re: Tens Machine

Postby caz59uk » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Hi Carrie, I have 2 tens machines one with 2 pads and one with 4 pads. I find the 4 pad tens works best for me as you can spread the pads out a bit more. The doc is right about price I paid less than £30 for mine. Hope this helps
caz59uk
UKFM Member

Tens Machine

Postby Rachellou » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 am

I got mine over the weekend from Lloyds chemist it was about £17 it's four pads and I made sure it said that it can be used along side medication
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:20 pm

HI
Deffo go for a 4 pad one if you can afford to, you might find them cheaper online. :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby CarrieH » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Rachellou wrote:I got mine over the weekend from Lloyds chemist it was about £17 it's four pads and I made sure it said that it can be used along side medication

I phoned our local Lloyds Pharmacy to see if they had one of those in stock. They did and they stay open late, so I popped in after work and bought one.
Thanks for the replies folks.
CarrieH
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia