I so wanna cry

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I so wanna cry

Postby Rachellou » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 pm

I'm in that much pain I can't move, I'm cold and have a hot water bottle and a major headache I knew it was going to be a bad day as soon as I got up for work and guess what my so call friend says : just carry on - well I'm sorry miss perfect I can't carry on I'm in complete pain I have a head and now I'm crying ...... Rant over with
Sorry guys think I need a red hot bath x
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: I so wanna cry

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 pm

What rant , just sounds as if you have had a bad day & maybe need a little me time & an early night .

If thats the case .....try putting a hot water bottle in your bed and put your PJ's over a radiator to keep warm while you take warm bath if you have any nice smellies put them in as well ( they might help relax you down) .
If needed take just paracetamol for the head ache (our stronger FM meds tend to do nothing for headaches or so I was told by my GP) .

A warm comforting drink after your bath migh be just what you need to help you drop off to sleep

gentle virtual hugs coming your way Rachellou.........Hope you get some rest & feel better in the morning

Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Jessica22mummy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Sending you gentle loving hugs, i know how you feel im exactly the same today
i haven't moved off the sofa all day today.
Love Jess xx
Jessica22mummy
UKFM Member

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 pm

I hate days like that. Im so cold today, hip and bum really hurting, think i will get the heat pad out myself.
Hope you feel better.
Vic x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby kikidee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 pm

I know exactly how you feel, I was the same lastnight after a very long 6 days at work. I was that exhausted, I got in and collapsed on my bed in tears. A little cry did help tho, it let out a lot of frustration and anger. Like you and 'iceskatemum' said, a nice long hot bath will help, maybe some candles and your iPod. A spot of music always helps me zone out and forget the world and pains, even if just for a little. Just because one friend doesn't understand doesn't mean that others don't. Fibro is such a difficult condition to explain to people. I've given up trying at work and just tell them to look at this website or the NHS one. Things WILL get better, today is just one of those days. Focus on the positives of tomorrow, not the negatives of today.

Lots of gentle hugs xx
kikidee
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Hope you are feeling a little bit better now, this weather is playing havoc with so many of us, having to get cope with daily life feeling so awful is so hard. Enjoy a bath and a little pamper time
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

I so wanna cry

Postby Rachellou » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi guys,
Thank you for your kind messages, the other half came home this evening and saw me crying I think it actually registered to him how difficult it really is I don't usually show my emotions but today got the better of me bath has been a real help setting the hot water back up and bedtime for me x
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Postby jewels4470 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 pm

i know this feeling too i so want to be the old me :-D i miss my old life iv been in bed all day today :sleep: could hardly climb the stairs after going to the toilet down stairs, i tried to do so much yesterday has i was having a good day :-) , and look where it landed me its not fair i keep saying to my self why meeeeeeeeeee :cry:
jewels4470
UKFM Newbie

I so wanna cry

Postby Rachellou » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 am

I'm saying that already this morning been up and down all night now got a really bad cough and the pain is still too much I have a migraine which has less than 40 mins to disappear so I can go to work
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 am

Hi Rachel

I've been in that place soooo many times. I've sat on the bed sobbing in pain desperately trying to get ready for work but getting no where because of the pain. I know how you feel and you're not alone. There are days where you will get a flare and it's like your whole body is screaming with pain. Have lots of hot baths and don't push yourself - if you can't go to work then that's not your fault. When you have a flare it's your body's was of sayng "hang on a minute I need rest I've done too much".

I have an electric blanket on the bed and I find that when I'm in a lot of pain, just lying down on that for an hour helps. Plus while I'm in bed I'll try and relax and read to try and take my mind off the pain, or even some breathing exercises if your migraine is really bad.

I agree with ISM about the paracetamol for headaches/migraines as I've found that my FM meds although they are also painkillers don't really touch a headache lol how strange. Depending on what meds your on already you may be able to take something slightly stronger if your migraine is really bad - but get this checked out with your GP/pharmacist first.

I know it's easier said than done but getting yourself worked up will make the pain worse and sounds like you're coming down with something as you say you've now got a cough? Just try and take it easy.

As for your colleage, I too have some really insensitive people I work with and until they feel the actual pain they won't get it. Don't let people like that get you down. You know your body, you feel the pain and it is very real.

Sending you gentle hugs
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Sorry if my previous post last night seemed as if I was trying to teach you how to manage things , must have got into mummy mode & ran with it lol
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby Jessica22mummy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:08 am

R:E migraines i have suffered with them for ages it got so bad i rung up my
gp surgery sobbing down the phone, he came out and saw me within 2hrs
as i couldn't go out and I've now since been taking propanol which is
Medication for blood pressure and I've not even had a hint of a headache.
With fm it does play around with your blood pressure so im not saying it
will deffo be for you but maybe a suggestion to your gp and see what they
say. I was always told it never hurts to ask.
I hope you feel better soon and you get the dreaded migraines sorted
gentle hugs and best wishes
xx xx xx xx
Jessica22mummy
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am

Don't know if it messes bp up, but since fibro mine's gone haywire. It was always low (around 105/65 was normal for me), but I'm now on meds for high bp. Even so on a recent 24hr monitor it was very erratic, spiking to 195/115 at one point. Gp is monitoring & adjusting meds, and has spoken to a rheumy colleague of his who said it's most likely a fibro thing. The delights of this condition!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Wow Max never knew about the BP problem could be Fibro related, have been on BP tablets since early 30's . As you say just another symptom to join the every growing list.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

I so wanna cry

Postby Rachellou » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:14 am

Hi Guys

This I so wanna cry turned into I wanna cry a heck of a lot, I haven't been on here in over a week because I had been quite poorly the migraine turned into my partner taking 3 days emergency holiday to look after me because I couldn't stop being sick even if it was just water, I was rushed to the doctors as well as a walk in centre and I'm still poorly now to the point of having only on meal a day, I've lost 10lbs in one week because of this, it is doing my current employment much help I'm on agency so I don't get paid sick leave which means I'm going a whole week without money next week I tried going back to work yesterday but lasted a hour and 40 mins before coming home due to the coughing and trying to be sick so I have rebooked an appointment with the doctor this morning clearly there is something still a miss and they don't appear to be taking my Fibromyalgia serious either I asked for better pain meds and it got ignored :(
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia