Tremor

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tremor

Postby chuckles166 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi everyone
My name is Alison and this is my first post. I have had alot of very strange symptoms for almost 3 yrs, i suspected ms as all my symptoms related to that so i asked my gp to refer me to a neuro to find out. I saw the neuro on the 28th Dec last year and he did all the usual physical tests for ms and said its definitely not ms as i would of been alot worse. He said he had looked back over my medical history since 2000 when i was misdiagnosed with lupus and said all my symptoms seem to show its fibromyalgia/CFS. I also have hypothyroidism (i was born without a thyroid gland). That is a very shortened version of my "dx " and medical history.

The question i would like to ask does anyone else have a tremor in their hand/s? Mine is only in my right hand which is not good as i am right-handed. Its not there all the time (seems to be worse as the day goes on) but when it is i have to carry cups of coffee in my left hand and use my left to type on my laptop (as i am now). I hope i am not the only one with this and its another crazy fibro symptom?

Hope you are all as well as you can be and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Alison.
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Re: Tremor

Postby funny_wonder » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 am

Hiya,
I don't have this issue personally but I know 2 FMS sufferers who do. My aunt has a noticeable shake in her hands at times & her handwriting looks like something left by a drunk spider as a result. My friend finds that her fingers seem to give way when she's holding things at times. She's okay if it's something she can wrap her whole hand around, the way you might do with a big mug. However if she tries to hold a cup by the handle her hand shakes. It does seem to be a fibro issue, I've heard it mentioned online too.
funny_wonder
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 am

hi Alison im glad you posted this. I was dx in nov 21012 and ive so many symptoms i didn't want to post them all in case people think i'm at it. my hands constantly shake. i'm not as bad a having to change hands but i cant do things that require a straight line or if im checking drugs in my work for the weekly dossette boxes my hand sometimes shakes so bad i miss a section. My doctor is referring me to neuro now because im losing the feeling in all my toes and i get pins and needles to the point i'm numb in my arms and legs. i hope this helps and you get a dx soon x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby Maxisback » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 am

Hello Alison,

DX Dec 2012 , FM, CFS & Raynaurds.
I too suffer with the tremors, I am a nightmare with a hot drink or a saucepan. So the OH has to do all that!!
Some days they are all over but usually start in my hands and are a more constant visitor to the left hand first , followed later by my right.
I found the tremors so wearing that I was getting very little sleep and when I did I woke feeling like I had been exercising for a week.
My GP prescribed Pramipexole ( originally for Parkinsons and restless leg syndrome i believe) to take in the evenings.
Whilst this doesn't help the tremors during the day it gives some relief to enable me to get some much needed rest.

Remember we're in this together !
Max xx
Maxisback
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles166 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Hi all

Thank you for all the replies i am glad im not the only one having these tremors and it is yet another of fibros 'crazy' symptoms. It has been going on for most of the day today and trying to hide it from others is sometimes very difficult. My dad has parkinsons disease so he has tremors all the time so i can understand even more now how it feels when he is eating and drinking. At least my dad and i can laugh about it, obviously he is alot worse as he has been dx with parkinsons for nearly 5 years now.

Take care
Alison
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Postby jo_jo789uk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Alison.

I have tremors quite a bit.

My grandad had Parkinson's disease, and both grandma's have diabetes so I have been tested for numerous conditions.

The GP did try and say I had an ovveractive thyroid but that didn't turn out to be true either.

I have come to the conclusion that it must be Fibro related.

Some days are worse than others - it makes me feel very irritable when I have the tremors. I generally try to drink orange juice and eat something when it happens. It calms it a little bit but not much, and other times it doesn't help at all. It generally starts in my hands, but it can feel as though it is my whole body on occasion. If I have tremors when I go to bed, it makes me very restless and I likely won't have a full nights sleep.
“Perhaps it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another!”
― Jane Austen
jo_jo789uk
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia