painful knees

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful knees

Postby kazak » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:32 pm

hi all,
i've always had pain in my back, shoulders and neck, but just lately my knees have been very achey and tender 2 touch. i don't no where 2 put them and not sure wots worse the throbbing stabbing burning pain in back etc or this horrible ache. anybody any ideas, have tried heat, antinflam gel and massage. :scream-1:
kazak
UKFM Member

Re: painful knees

Postby Sujo69 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi, yes have had bad knees on and off for a few years. I also take magnesium citrate which is good for muscles. I have the same issue with me elbows and fingers along with the classic head, neck, shoulders upper, mid and lower back and groin/pelvis where legs join the body. I have been going to the chiropractor now for over two years and it does help.
Sujo69
UKFM Newbie

Postby kazak » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

hi
thanks will try ur suggestions and let u no how i get on.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby charley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Try tigerbalm. You can get it in Chinese herbal medicine shops. It's really good (don't worry it's all herbal stuff, it's just called tigerbalm, I checked). I had a really bad flare just when I was supposed to take my driving test and it got me through that. I know people who swear by it, even people who painkillers don't usually work for :)
charley
UKFM Member

Postby Panda58 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:03 pm

I have had painful knees for quite a while that is how the doc found out I had fibro . The worst bit is burning knees as that is when I find it hard to walk .
Panda58
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:55 pm

I also get painful, swollen knees, and cannot put any weight on them. The only thing that helps is repeated rub-in gels - aloe vera gel - in my case, and this also helps my swollen hands with carpal tunnel. I often have to use my powered wheelchair indoors, but its difficult, as we only have a small bungalow.

sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia