Muscles feeling numb - strange feeling...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Muscles feeling numb - strange feeling...

Postby BellaH » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi everyone - just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced these feelings?

The past 3 days I've been really busy - half term - so ive been to playgroups, walking places etc. I know I should pace myself and I end up telling myself this when the pain is bad but when I feel "ok" I just think I can do normal things.

Anyway the night before last I woke up in the middle of the night feeling breathless and gasping for air! I have had this before and my gp said its common?? But it's still quite frightening.

I take amitriptyline 50mg at night which does work by knocking me out and easing the pain the following day. But last night I woke up and my whole body felt numb and I had pins and needles in my arms and legs- does anyone else have this? The sensation eased more or less straight away but after my body felt numb. When it happens in the night I'm always half asleep and less aware of what's happening.

Today I'm mainly sat watching DVDs with my two princesses
BellaH
UKFM Member

Re: Muscles feeling numb - strange feeling...

Postby rdmthomas1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Pins & needles is a classic fibro symptom - I get it in my arms every night and have to move them to make it go away - ruins a good nights sleep. If anyone knows how to stop it I'm all ears.
rdmthomas1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia