Ideas for birthday celebration

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Ideas for birthday celebration

Postby e777 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi,
I turn 40 in a few weeks and would like to mark this birthday in some way. I'm not at my best after six in the evening which makes all the traditional stuff like dinners, parties, concerts etc. fairly challenging.

I would love to know if others have found ways of treating themselves, or celebrating occasions while having fms.

Eileen
e777
UKFM Member

Re: Ideas for birthday celebration

Postby Gizmo01 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Eileen,
You could treat yourself to a pamper day? A nice soft massage and get your hands and feet polished and a relaxing facial maybe :-) Hope you have a great 40th.
Emma x
Gizmo01
UKFM Member

Postby anniemaille » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:47 pm

Hi Eileen, I'm sure whatever you do you will enjoy it. I will be 50 this June and will be spending it in a field full of bikers for a whole weekend...lol...and raising some money for charity at the same time
anniemaille
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Eileen

What about inviting all family and friends to yours at the weekend and get them all to bring something for a buffet and some drink with them?!!!! You could have it in the afternoon when you are probably at your best!!! We have just celebrated my mums 70th birthday today in the same way and we had lots of nice food and all in all had a really lovely day!!! If you get together a list of different buffet foods and tell people what you need them to bring even if it is a few items as it will take a lot of the pressure of you if you decide to do it!!!! I know with me money is tight so it really helped a lot.

:goodluck2: with whatever you decide to do!!
Millyxxx :-)
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia