Something else?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Something else?

Postby chookie » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Hello lovely people :-D 8 years ago I had Pleurisy, last year I had Pneumonia and today I have a chest infection. I am going to see my GP tomorrow as I don't want this turning into Pneumonia again as I have college work to do and simply cannot have 3 weeks off like last time. I don't get much pain except in my feet and wrists and have been told by my GP that I have Fibro.

Is it Lupus? Will my GP be able to test for it? Is there any chance that Lupus could be treated?
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Something else?

Postby Beccie42 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 am

Strangly enough, i have been shown a poster today for primary immunodiffiecny disease. i dont know much about it but it might be worth googling.
Beccie42
UKFM Member

Postby Jog1955 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi I have SLE ( LUPUS) and FIBROMYALGIA along with a few more probs, most of which are all AUTO IMMUNE DISEASE.
The thing is most have similar symptoms so it can take years to get diagnosed as with me. I had actually realised I had SLE before being diagnosed and much the same with FIBROMYALGIA. Most before Internet so was more difficult to do, so do your research as well and don't just cope with it as I have done over the years. Be upfront with your Doctor tell him what you have done because he only sees you for a few minutes at a time and has hundreds of others to see as well so might not get round to you as quick as you need.Then if he can test coz most you can test for he can and get you diagnosed quicker. KNOWLEDGE is POWER and that is what you need to get through!
Regards ;-)
Jog1955
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:12 pm

chookie wrote:Hello lovely people :-D 8 years ago I had Pleurisy, last year I had Pneumonia and today I have a chest infection. I am going to see my GP tomorrow as I don't want this turning into Pneumonia again as I have college work to do and simply cannot have 3 weeks off like last time. I don't get much pain except in my feet and wrists and have been told by my GP that I have Fibro.

Is it Lupus? Will my GP be able to test for it? Is there any chance that Lupus could be treated?

You would have to bring the Lupus subject up because it can take many years for it to be detected especially with over lapping fibro symptoms.

The diagnoses for lupus is having X amount of symptoms on the list and added to that a positive ANA blood test but must stress that is not always 100% certain just a guidline. Also your inflammitry levels may be raised especially the CRP

If your GP is concerned about lupus then i think its a referal to a Rhumatologist

Lupus can be controled with medication in some cases
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia