Feeling low

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling low

Postby SusanS » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Today, I am in unspeakable pain. Every part of me is tender to touch, I can barely walk and it even hurts to eat. I've been feeling quite low as a direct result of this; nothing new. But where I've been able to put on a brave face for the outside world historically, today I couldn't. I can't pull myself out of this dark depressive place, which worries me. Just wanted to share that with people who may understand because I can't explain it to anyone else. Don't think my lack of sleep is helping matters either :(

Sooze x
SusanS
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling low

Postby Sleepy@130 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:59 am

Dear Susan,
Sorry you are feeling like this.i was in tht place in Novemeber.The most important thing is to share how you feel with someone,fortunately I have a brill Doc,who has literal saved my life,as my thoughts back then where very dark.
Are you any meds at the mo?
Trying to get a balance is a nightmare,especially when you are in pain,as you instinctively want to burrow down and hide.
I found that getting outside and some gentle walking really does help.the tough bit is getting outside in the first place but,strangely it did help to get some fresh air on my face and to gently excersise my sore old body.
Please feel free to rant or moan.
Do urge you to talk to your Doc ASAP
I can smell spring in the air and beginning to love the lighter evenings always find this makes a person feel a bit chipper.
Be kind to yourselve and be brave and share how you feel with someone who loves you
Sleepy@130 xxxx :-) :-D :-) :-D
Sleepy@130
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tina1963 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Sleepy

Sorry you are having a bad time, :cry: its the "keeping up appearances" that wears you out as well. try to sleep when never you can. Stay away from toxic people that bring you down. I hope you will start picking up soon.

soft hugs xxx
Tina1963
UKFM Member

Postby Tina1963 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:59 am

Sorry sleepy

I meant this for Susan.... but soft hugs to you too lol.... its foggy over here lol
Tina1963
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Susan

I go through the same thing as you every so often. Most of the time I can "pretend" I am ok and make myself look like I'm coping where on the inside I'm falling to pieces. I have times where I will be in that black hole you are in right now and just cry and cry. But you are not alone and it is not unusual for us to feel like this with what we have to cope with on a daily basis.

As Sleepy said, maybe your meds need a bit of a tweak if your pain is getting worse. Also the advice about getting outside for a little walk really does work. If you can't go and walk just standing on your door step with the door open and taking some deep breaths can help clear your head and lift your spirits. This weather hasn't helped any of us and I have really struggled this winter more than previous years.

Feeling low and depression is something you do need to speak to your GP about. A lot of us are on anti depressants to help us with the bad times and a lot of them aid in sleeping too so may be worth getting to your GP?

Sending you some gentle hugs. Rest and don't push yourself.

Lou
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby SusanS » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Thank you all. All sound advice. I'm suffering multiple issues; fibro, rheumatoid arthritis, coeliac, IBS...and some others so it has taken a while to balance my meds. I've already been to the Dr about this and he has suggested CBT as a solution. But that type of therapy can only assist with your coping mechanism and not the pain.

I'm going to try staying positive, focussing on my job (another stressor) and my family who are a great support to me. As are all of you on this forum.

Soft hugs & love

Sooze x
SusanS
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia