Princess and the pea, fibro???

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Princess and the pea, fibro???

Postby evie15 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:04 pm

I couldn't sleep last night, nothing strange there, but I couldn't get comfortable. I have lots of layers of quilts on top of my mattress to try to make it more comfortable, my pillows were digging into my back too and I thought to myself, I wonder if the princess from the princess and the pea fairytale had fibro too! :-D

My mother has called me this for years as I can feel any lump or bump in bed and have to have it straightened out as it causes me great pain. It has been a running joke that I am the princess from that story, but last night it came to me that maybe she was suffering like us all with such a terrible pain condition.

Anyone had a similar thought? Or maybe now thinks it could be so?
evie15
UKFM Member

Re: Princess and the pea, fibro???

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

I have often been likened to the princess in the story as I also can feel every wrinkle or bump in the bed.

Maybe as you say she really was just a fibromite........but then again ...... are we not all princess'/princes in our own right. :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Apparently I've always been a princess, but that might not be the same sort of princess we're on about here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am another one with problems when peas are in the bed tho, and at my worst, even the smallest bit of bobbling on the bedding feels like gravel on my skin :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: It's got so bad at times that I've woken OH at daft o'clock so we can change all the bedding after I've checked all the stuff in the box to make sure it is all smooth and bobble~free :shock: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby evie15 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:Apparently I've always been a princess, but that might not be the same sort of princess we're on about here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am another one with problems when peas are in the bed tho, and at my worst, even the smallest bit of bobbling on the bedding feels like gravel on my skin :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: It's got so bad at times that I've woken OH at daft o'clock so we can change all the bedding after I've checked all the stuff in the box to make sure it is all smooth and bobble~free :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know, I have asked for help in the middle of the night because a crease in a sheet underneath feels like a metal pole sticking in my leg or back!

It's interesting as I googled it and it appears the connection has been made in the past!! :-D
evie15
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi
:lol: :lol: I dont like lumps & bumps in my bedding :evil: i have to straighten it out. :nono:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Evie , Wonder if you get the same reaction I do when I suggest it.....mind you can't blame him.....and he eventually does it .

To my OH who puts up with a lot :blowkiss:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia