Given in and gone back to GP...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby DonnaLily » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi all,

Sorry not been around, been suffering lately, given in fighting this without meds and have been started on gabapentin, finger crossed I get some relief xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Re: Given in and gone back to GP...

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:58 pm

hi, donnalilly,

so sorry to hear you have been suffering ,

please dont look at it as giving in as that is wrong you are excepting help and that is sensable, for you and your little star

hopefully you will feel the benafits soon and have a better qualaty of life,

i have made some changes in my life and looked at it the wrong way but i feel better in my head now,

if you needed glasses to see would you wear them or walk round not seeing,

its the same thing getting help.

hope you feel better soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby DonnaLily » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

You're right, thank you, I hope I haven't offended anyone in saying that :-/

I'm a bit icky this morning, but that may be because little monkey woke up at 4am!

Xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 am

Hi Donnalily, Masonsbarms is right you are accepting the help you need.It is good you felt you could try without meds but obviously not to be at this moment and I am sure having your little gorgeous darling you need all the help you can get. Take care and hope you are feeling better soon and manage a little :cat2:nap later today. :teddy-bear: xx
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Hope the meds help ....just remember ...everything you do is to help you feel better and then you can enjoy Miss Lilliput to the full.

After all Diabetics take insulin and nobody thinks less of them .........we just happen to take ......a little bit more :lol: :lol:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 pm

hi, donnalilly im sure you havent offended anyone,

i hope you feel better soon xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby DonnaLily » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am

Thank you all, on day three and I'm very very happy to report the pain is being nulled to a level I can easily cope with :-)
Not liking the dry mouth and nausea about 30mins of taking them but it will pass

xxx
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby masonsbarms » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

hi, donnalilly,

glad the pain has reduced the side effects should reduce with time,

i always have something to eat with meds even if its just a couple of biscutes.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi Donna

I used to be on gabapentin and although it took a while to kick in I did find it really effective. It didn't completely take the pain away but I found it much easier to cope with.

I also hated the sickness feeling and dry mouth. I used to carry bottles of squash round with me everywhere when I was on them lol oh and I would have a few arrowroot/plain digestive biccies to help with the nausea.

You're not giving in at all, trying to cope without meds in the first place is such a brave thing to do. We all just have to do what we can to get through the days, whether that's living on no meds or a million meds.

How are things with your arm/shoulder/wrist pain? I remember you posting about trying physio for it and was just wondering how you were getting on?

xxx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby DonnaLily » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 am

Thankfully the dry mouth and nausea subsides quite quickly, and the gab knocks me out so I sleep quickly! That's one side effect I'd rather keep haha

So far so good, the pain is being nulled so I'm able to cope with it, but I'm feeling really well at the moment so I'm hoping its not just coming out of a flare...

The physio, honestly, is a bit pointless thus far, but ill plug on and see if it works in time, he thinks I've upset a nerve in my neck and the fibro is making it worse than it would be for someone without fibro

Hope you are all well xx
DonnaLily
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Glad the side effects are easing off now Donna, the dry mouth is one I struggle with when I have something changed or new introduced med~wise :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sounds promising with their effects already as well, usually some time is needed for any real benefits are felt, hope it carries on with helping you feel so well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LouLou » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Donna

I'm glad you're feeling better. I agree with you about physio. I've been having it for a few months now and while it has helped me not feel so stiff it hasn't done much for the actual pain I'm in. I try and do either some stretches or a walk every other day but I do find I struggle to do this all the time.

I must admit I loved being on Gabapentin too especially the way it helped me sleep lol but my GP is slowly cutting my meds down as I'm hoping to try for a baby this year and he doesn't want me to just stop my meds all at once. I'm dreading not taking anything but it will be worth it in the end.

I have everything crossed that your good patch lasts for you Donna.
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia