Meet ups!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Meet ups!

Postby chuckles166 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi all

Hope you are all as well as you can be and enjoying your weekend.

I live in liverpool and have found there are no support groups around here the nearest is southport which is too far away for me and was wondering if there is anyone else on here who lives in this area would like to meet up and make new friends? Even if you live on the wirral and would like to meet up too youre very welcome. I know i havent been on this site for long but everyone seems so friendly and very supportive of each other.

Hope to hear from you and make new friends

Alison
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Re: Meet ups!

Postby bluebird123 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:56 pm

hi

im in scotland, and obviously too far to travel but i dont mind swapping email address or facebook details if anyone wants to chat online away from the forum or as a group / individual call on skype
bluebird123
UKFM Newbie

Postby lilmissd-izzy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:48 am

Hi Alison, i too am in Liverpool and have been also looking for support groups within reach :pull-hair: , as a non driver its difficult anyway but Southport as you say is way beyond me, :f1-car: :nono:
I am very interested in meeting up, this site has been such a lifesaver, not posted before really, but reading about the things i thought only i felt/suffered was such a weight lifted off already very sore shoulders.
And as such meeting new friends who really do understand is very appealing, as much as MOST of my circle of family and friends are understanding no one but us really understands. maybe we could get our heads together and start a Liverpool group of sorts :cup1: ?? in all honesty i have no idea how these things work but im willing to learn LOL forget no doubt learn again etc :-? :fingerscrossed: :facepalm: :swear1: ....... if you have any thoughts etc inbox me and we can chat at the least hey :-)

Very gentle hugs
Liz xx
looking for something ..... finding much more
Guess we live and learn .....
lilmissd-izzy x
lilmissd-izzy
UKFM Newbie

Postby AJay71 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:46 am

bluebird123 wrote:hi

im in scotland, and obviously too far to travel but i dont mind swapping email address or facebook details if anyone wants to chat online away from the forum or as a group / individual call on skype

Hi bluebird,
I'm in Scotland also. Where abouts are you?
I found a local(ish) support group in Paisley but it's at a really awkward time for me and parking is too far for me to walk....

I like the idea of hooking up on Facebook (it's easier to use on my phone, as I rarely sit at PC anymore)
If anyone wants to add me, PM me.

I don't get out much and I've never had a good chat with someone who also has this condition.

Hope you can set up a support group in Liverpool.... good luck
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles166 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi all

Thanks for replies its great to hear that people would like to meet up or chat on facebook. If you would like to add me on facebook my PM me and look forward to chatting about this crazy syndrome and anything besides. Not sure on setting up a group as yet thats wayyyyyyyy too scary at this point lol.

Look forward to chatting to you and meeting those who are around the area.

Take care
Alison x
chuckles166
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia