Feeling really unwell

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling really unwell

Postby chookie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:55 am

Just got out of bed, i've never had restless legs before and I haven't slept for the past two nights properly, I have snoozed during the day instead. I went to the emergency doctors tonight after thinking that my chest infection had got worse but the lady told me that I was over the worst and have costachondritis too.

When I sneeze, my chest feels like acid is being poured down, my legs twitch of their own accord and I can't sleep.... :pull-hair:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling really unwell

Postby relf1960 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:46 am

that restless leg thing is awful.only had it once but had it real bad. i had to jump up and down on spot for hours on n off n never slept at allin 30ish hours. had to get sleeping pills in end. sis gets it regularly but not like that.i was wondering if maybe u have a bit of acid there too.if youve not got owt for that, drink milk n keep patting your chest. hot milk will help u sleep. google that illness n see if anything helpful comes up. sorry not been much help xx
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby Fibro Fi » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:25 am

Sorry to hear about your restless legs. I have it quite bad for a period then it goes again for a bit. Dr prescribed me clonazepam which really helped.
Good luck. Xx
Fibro Fi
UKFM Member

Postby PainBeGone » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:28 am

Restless legs is a horrible horrible thing! I get it in my arms too. My muscles all twitch and it's impossible to sleep. I'm a lady of the night these days, and end up sleeping most of the day.

I hope you get some rest soon xxx
~~*~~ Lex ~~*~~
PainBeGone
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:08 pm

I googled restless legs and came up with putting a bar of soap under the covers, weird I know but I found one in the bathroom cabinet and placed in in bed with me. I kept my toes on it and I didn't have any more jumpy legs :shock: I feel much better today, the acidic feeling chest has died down massively and my virus is slowly going too. This virus is so nasty :yikes:
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi chookie, Are you serious about bar of soap in bed with yer ? :shock:

I suffer restless legs all the time, day and night, tho its worse at night. It drives me mad and ranges from squirmy feeling to pain and I have the involuntary jumpyness thing too.

I have to go out and buy a bar of soap, I only have liquid soap here :(

I googled your other thing and it sounds awful, very painful. Hope that gets better for ya very soon. xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I didn't undertand it at first, a bar of ordinary soap...so I googled lots of pages and they all say the same thing. Some say ivory soap, whatever that is, I don't have it at home so I used a bar of cussons instead (unused but taken out of the wrapper... of course) I have no idea why this might work and I am sure it doesn't for everybody, but maybe it's a placebo effect :lol:

Have a look here : http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2005/12/ ... under-the/
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:00 pm

Hey chookie,

Thanks for that. I'm going to try the soap. :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Let us know how you get on :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Will do yeah :-D
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:42 am

I tried the soap and it didnt work :(

Was killed with RLS last night, so tried it and it didnt work, killed with it tonight too, and every night and day, its driving me mad. Wish the soap did work :(
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 am

Must try the soap ! Am up because I can't sleep jumpy legs & arms
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:25 pm

I might try a non-scented bar...... the scent of it was taking my breath away so that might not have helped ??? Must buy one today :-D xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:13 pm

oh the restless legs thing is soooo annoying i never realised until recently that it was another part of FM. its horrible when you start jumping around in bed involuntarily and i know i have scared both my boyfriend and my cat half to death when i suddenly jump in my sleep! my boyfriend was watching a horror movie a few weeks ago and i had dozed off beside him and of course at a really quiet and suspensful part of the film i jumped and absolutely terrified him lol, needless to say he turned the film over to some documentary and has vowed to never watch a horror film again unless i am fully awake lol
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 am

Got given a non scented bar of soap today........its in bed with me...............I'm killed with the restless legs still but soap is staying cos giving it a good go this time......................but this is driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd, its at an all time high these last few days and nights, theres no let up from it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
moomoos
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia