Feeling really unwell

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Feeling really unwell

Postby chookie » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Oh dear, sorry it hasn't worked :( I read that the soap is meant to work on the fact that it acts like rubber to electricity, deadens it.
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:29 am

Thank you for trying to help tho :-)

If only it would work, I'm killed with it 24/7 xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:47 am

The restless legs are still driving me mad. I did try the non-scented soap for a couple of days, but no let-up as such really, but then the soap fell out of bed and one of my dogs got hold of it and gave it a good chewing :roll: so the bar of soap is in the bin. Might try again if i remember to give all the soaps a good sniffing first as am looking for a decent one with a not so scenty smell xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi everyone

I think I may have RLS (restless leg syndrome) I'll try and explain what's happened to me a few times to see if it's the same thing.

I have like a pressure type sensation that builds and builds and builds in one part of my body (so far it's happened 3 times, once was my legs, once was my arms and shoulders and the third was my whole body) this pressure builds and builds and it's so painfull I have the urge that I have to move that part of my body. This settles the sensation for all of 30 seconds then it starts again.

The 3 times it's happened it's lasted the entire night and the next day I am so wiped out from not sleeping and my whole body just feels really tender and weak.

The actual feeling is unbearable, nothing helps I tried having a few baths, hot water bottles, pain meds, stretches but nothing helped. Now I am dreading it happening again because of how unbearable it feels. At one point during the last time it happened I actually thought I was dying, I thought there was no way I could feel that much pain and feel that bad that I would survive. I googled a few of my symptoms and it came up with RLS which I had never hear of before.

Sorry to hi jack the thread, I just noticed you had started talking about RLS. I am seeing my GP next week for my review I have every few months so I am going to mention it to him.

Lou
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Lou,

I can tell you how mine feels and hope it might help you.............

Mine is normally in my legs but I have had the same feeling in my torso area too. It feels like there is something crawling or squirming under my skin. Its almost itchy, but it hurts. I cant keep my legs still. I have to constantly move them to get some relief from the pain. It can also feel like pressure, thats when I get the involuntary movements in my legs. Its not a big movement, its like twitches but bigger, soooo hard to explain. I have it in my legs all day every day and it drives me mad. I have to stretch the muscles for relief too, but the relief only lasts for the time you stretch or move, so only seconds, then its straight back on with the squirmy pain again, theres no let up from it. Sometimes the pain is less, but mostly its very painful. Sometimes I take paracetamols, but not often, I dont like taking pills all the time.

I used to get it a couple of times per week in my legs mainly just at night, but now I get it every day, day and night.

The torso isnt as regular, just sometimes and its the same feeling, just a different larger area.

Hope that kinda helps.

Your pain from what ever it is that you got sounds terrible, and I think you are definitely doing the right thing in speaking to your doctor about it. I hope it doesnt come back...............take care xxxxxxx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks moomoos

I understood what you were trying to say lol think us fibros are on the same wavelength or something lol. What I felt does sound really similar to what you described. Fortunately I have only had it a few times so far, it just really freaks me out when it does happen and then there's the no sleep for a whole night which then messes up my sleep for the rest of the week lol. I did a bit of readin online about RLS and it does seem to match what I feel.

Have made some notes to talk to my GP about next week so hoping he can help, he is usually really understanding anyway.

I just dread when it happens again, I've tried to see if anything in particular triggers it off in my case but I can't think of anything that I did specifically that would set it off the last few times it has happened.

Oh the joys of FM lol
xx
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby relf1960 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:59 am

loulou how did u get on.i just got really irritable with it when i had it to the point of wanting to cut my legs off, but cant say it was that painful, thank god. x
relf1960
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi relf 1960

I had to canel my appointment as I was having a really bad FM day on the day of my appointment and had been up all night with what I think is RLS, so I was confined to the sofa the whole of the next day :cry:

I'm now waiting to get in with my normal GP as he is such a fab GP and has been with me through my FM journey - he's so good it's nearly impossible to get an appointment with him lol hoping to see him next week when he is back off his holiday (as the receptionist helpfully informed me).

Will post an update as soon as I get to see him. I agree though if someone had offered to chop the part sof my body off that were affected by the RLS the other night I would have gladly accepted. It's so hard to describe the actual feeling all I know is that it really hurts, it's really frustrating and for me lasts and entire night.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia