Does anybody find it hard to distinguish...?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anybody find it hard to distinguish...?

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anybody else had this *trouble*. Every spring I get a lot better, I hate the cold so, rather like a horse, as soon as I feel the spring sun on my back I feel a million times better. I can do a lot more etc, but I am always worried about doing too much. Like yesterday I did a lot and was very tired at the end of the day. This morning I woke up feeling quite tired and a bit achey. I'm currently dropping my codeine intake and dropped again by 15 mg yesterday so I know some of it will be due to that.

I am always worried when I wake up like this, when I've had a good couple of days that I'm going to have a relapse or that I've done too much. But then I wonder, maybe this is just 'normal person' tiredness... I've done a bit more than usual and this is the way a normal person feels after having an unusually active day. But it's been so long since I've felt, or been like a 'normal person' that sometimes I feel like I'm too precious and that I could push through some of the tiredness and do a bit more than I have been. Does anybody else feel like this? I sometimes wonder if some of my tiredness is psychological (please don't read this as FM is psychological! :yikes: ) and that I wake up feeling a little tired and I think myself onto that sofa so I can't do anything all day because I assume I have gone downhill again... Does that make sense?!

Am I the only one struggling with the boundaries of normal bodily tiredness and FM/CFS symptoms?
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Does anybody find it hard to distinguish...?

Postby swbadcock » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:32 pm

My occupational therapist said that we as sufferers are always in pain even when we feel better not like normal people , we only feel the pain when its about 5 out of 10 say , normal people feel pain when it starts , she told me to take my Tramadol all the time or i would feel sore and achy when the dose dropped , so far so good i,m still hurting but can deal with it , not as before.
swbadcock
UKFM Member

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:09 pm

swbadcock wrote:My occupational therapist said that we as sufferers are always in pain even when we feel better not like normal people , we only feel the pain when its about 5 out of 10 say , normal people feel pain when it starts , she told me to take my Tramadol all the time or i would feel sore and achy when the dose dropped , so far so good i,m still hurting but can deal with it , not as before.

Yeah, definitely don't forget a doses of tramadol! The withdrawal from it is nasty, I went through coming off that a couple of years ago. I was dreading doing it with the codeine, but it hasn't been nearly as bad. Just a few days like this where I feel a bit coldy and achey. So far so good. :)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Postby marianne » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi supercat I think like that all the time how do we now how much we can do if we dont try and then afraid to in case we do to much then make ourselves ill do we just give in to this illnesses and prob get worse or do we try and still could make it worse I so want to go back to work but just dont no if I can manage or not one thing I do no it is good if you can think positive
marianne
UKFM Newbie

Postby minihaha » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi supercat
This is my exact problem at the moment. I am trying to figure out if the increase in my hours has caused me to have a bit of a relapse and I will get over it or indeed my hours just cannot be increased EVER. My exact question to my doc the other day is. How do I know if I should rest or lush through? Answer trial and error. So my thoughts are there is no answer. Everyone keeps telling me to not do too much so does this mean I can only bssic live a restricted day. I havent been able to go to work this week as so sore. Increase in meds and rest are beginning to help but how do I know what I can and cant do next week? Bottom line I think is that you have to take each day at a time. Sorry not much help or inspiration from this post.
Gentle hugs.
Minihaha x
minihaha
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia