[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hands

hands

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hands

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:16 pm

anyone got bad pain in there fingers , i had blood test and x ray shows nothing so far so looks like its the firbo . there so bad they hurt all day and in the morning are so stiff having probs getting outta bed to .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: hands

Postby jennib54 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:31 pm

:-D Hi' i have problems. with pain in my hands i find things quite hard because of the pain and stiffness. i don't get out much so if my hands are really bad then i don't bother to get dressed. just stay in pj's and onezie, being warm and cumfy now matters more.
i'm hoping that they ease up a bit when we get some warmer weather.
hope your's do too. :-D :-D
jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby bulldog7274 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:51 pm

i have problems with my hands the pain gets so bad i nearly cry and in the morning my daughter has to put my socks on my feet i feel so embaressed that at 40 yrs young my daughter has to help me get dressed :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:
bulldog7274
UKFM Member

Postby lorimc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Hi, I get pains in hands too, and also my wrists. Sometimes my hands just ache and ache, and sometimes I get pains which just shoot into my hands, fingers and wrists. I find it hard to do things due to the pain. Doc gave me splints to wear for a few hours each day but to be honest they don't help much x
lorimc
UKFM Member

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

yes i get a lot of pain in my hands and they are always cold

so i bought some fingerless gloves and it doesn't take the pain away, but it helps a bit to try and keep them as warm as I can
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Yep I get the hand pain thing too. I went to my Dr about it but got told the usual, it's your fibro playing you up :roll: It's not as bad in the summer months.

bulldog7274 I know how you feel, I have to get my husband to do up my laces when my back is bad, like I'm about 6 or something :oops:
monica
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Pain, pins and needles and numbness in my hands drive me to distraction.

Pain and numbness in my hands woke me at least every hour last night, I'm exhausted with it.

I'm wondering if it could be the discs in my neck where the problem lies as it seems to be worse when I'm laid down.

Anyone else have this problem.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

thanks for the replays , yes i no how u guys feel im 40 but feel like i have the body of an 80 years old , still all the pain and stiffness wont be a surprize to us when we do get there we will be old hands at it .dont u wish u could just take bits of your body off :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 pm

Monica , tip for your laces used to use with my children schoolshoes when younger .

Take out normal laces and then get elastic in colour of lace. thread through shoes as normal and then tie as normal , double knot can put a bit of PVA glue on knot to keep it firm and you have shoes that act like slip ons but look like normal tied shoes .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby RetiredBridgeburner » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 pm

I have this too - I bought some neoprene fingerless gloves similar to the ones here:

(Mine aren't on the website I bought them from any more, but these are pretty much the same.)

They've helped me a lot with pain and also with restoring some dexterity as my hands get very stiff, and I have the best butter fingers in the world then (as our broken dinner set can attest to :-P)

x
RetiredBridgeburner
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:07 pm

monica
UKFM Member

Postby Caffycoffdrop » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi

I am new on here, but I have browsed from time to time for ideas on how to cope with my fibro.

I also have problems with my hands (holding items, picking up cups and hot kettles etc!!) I do find that by knitting this keeps my hands and wrists more 'nimble' - the only problem is remembering to stop before I get carried away and do too much!! lol! If I am also watching TV to keep my mind off how my hands and wrists hurt I suffer the next day.

Gentle massage also helps me as do the tried and trusted heat pads.

I hope your pain soon eases.
Go through the path of life never being tearful;
Keep a smile upon your face, you will find that life is cheerful.

Or failing that everyone wonders what you have been up to!!
Caffycoffdrop
UKFM Newbie

Postby lolo73 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:32 pm

I have pain in my hands too and my wrists, just another symptoms I guess x
lolo73
UKFM Member

hands

Postby steve3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 am

Seems odd someone else using neoprene gloves. Hadnt realised that they where available anywhere other than diving water sports related. Had some over winder, and thinking of cutting the finger ends off to make a fingerless pair. Need to get some new ones soon anyway :-)
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 am

I have O/A in my hands the rheumatologist sent me for hot wax treatment , you put your hands up to your wrist in a vat of warm paraffin wax then you get them wrapped in a towel , it then sets on your hands you are supposed to leave it on for about ten minutes but in my case after 2/3 minutes I had to have it washed off as my hands felt hot, like sunburn because of the Fibro I have highly sensitive skin the same at the chiropodist been going to for years she has used the same foot cream she can no long use it, makes my feet go red and tingle and develop a rash
kitten
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia