Very Low today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Very Low today

Postby E-Bunny » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:46 am

Hi Guys / Gals,

I haven't been diagnosed but...

After a week of having just mild dull pains which i can tolerate, I thought that what ever was causing my pain was subsiding.. Then today I woke up in so much pain I could hardly move..

I have managed to go to work after taking several painkillers, but still even after takin the painkillers the sharp pains in my shoulder, neck, arms, knees and lower back are too much. Even the slightes touch to my arms hurts :(

Im still unable to get any answers, or even a referral from my GP, and she will not provide me with painkillers ( im having to beg, steal and borrow off friends o.O ), It also seems although i am not getting proper sleep ( RLS makes it difficult to drift off ) I am waking up exhausted every morning.

I have reached a point where this is getting too much, I am at a very low point right now and fail to understand why my GP is unwilling to help. I already suffer from severe depression, and this is driving me to rock bottom.

I see my Neuro ( for the RLS ) tomorrow, and im hoping if i explain everything to him that he may be more helpfull, but with my luck not probably not.

Sorry for the rant.. I just need somewhere to vent, just wish I had some answers, and get rid of this damn pain which i have sufferd for 2.5 months so that I can get on with my life.
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Very Low today

Postby c4rolgr4y » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:45 pm

After writing down all my various symptoms and taking the list to the Doctor yesterday, he said that I may have Fibromyalgia.Obviously today I feel a bit shell-shocked but can identify with the pain, fatigue and low mood which, on looking at this forum ,most people seem to experience to varying degrees. It is only when I examined all the symptoms I have had over a period of several years, that I wondered if they all were pointing to one diagnosis. I have undergone several years of working in a stressful environment with anti-social behaviour and methods of trying to deal with it, all presenting ongoing challenges. I am now at the point that I canot summon up the energy anymore to deal with this.I am really terrified of the outcome of this diagnosis. I work with a team of 45 volunteers and as their Manager a great deal of responsibility falls on me. I am now wondering how I can continue in that role, especially with the motivation and hard work ethics I have always displayed. I now worry that I will have to take my foot off the accelerator and I don't know where this will lead. The migraine type headaches are daily with pain in my wrists and elbows . I am wakened most of the night and I know my mood is low. I felt a bit tearful this morning but am now trying to be positive. There seems to be so much uncertainty surrounding the extent of this illness and the debilitation seems a fairly individual . I value anyone's input into any advice you can give me or any expectations of how this will be likley to affect me in the future. There is comfort in being part of a group of like afflicted people and I do not feel quite so isolated now. Having said this, I'd like to be inspirational and encouraging but know so little about the condition, or what to expect.I'm having an ECG and more blood tests next week, presumably to eliminate MS. The more I have read since yesterday though, the more I can identify with. Isn't technology wonderful though when each one of us can contact others and not feel so alone.
c4rolgr4y
UKFM Newbie

Postby hooplykim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:03 pm

Hello to the pair of you, I was so frustrated for a long time until I got my diagnosis and when we actually see all the symptoms written in front of us it's so shocking, there is a list on a website somewhere called the monster list of fibromyalgia symptoms you should have a look and maybe even print it out. I am new to this forum too and there are some wonderful people on here all who have been through every stage you are both at now

I'm still at the stage of trying to find the right meds and its hard but coming on here is great because there is so much great advice and all the symptoms we think sound strange are so normal to everyone here which is refreshing

As for how it will progress it is so different for everyone I no longer work but there are plenty who do , I think it's just about finding what works best for you

Gentle hugs to you both
Xxxxxxxx
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:21 pm

E-bunny please be careful taking painkillers that are not prescribed for you it is dangerous. Speak to your pharmacist, they should be able to offer you some quite strong ones over the counter. Try taking codiene and paracetomol separately instead of co-codamol I find it gives better relief. Talk to your doc again but 2and a half months isnt really enough time for a diagnosis of FM you have to have the symptoms for longer without relief.

Nagging pain is enough to make you feel very low, so you need to tell your GP how you are feeling maybe you need a bit of help for a while this can take the form of either medication or one of the talking therapies which can give you proper guidance on how to deal with pain on a daily basis :goodluck1: to you both and I hope you get the help and relief you need :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 pm

E-Bunny, as Denys has said, taking meds that have prescribed for others isn't a wise thing to do as you could potentially react to them or have other problems caused by them. Is there another GP you could see at your surgery who may be open to giving you something to help with things??

Generally for FM to be considered as a potential dx, pain has to be present in all 4 quadrants for 3~6 months, as well as other symptoms/problems being present, so it may be worth making some notes about the kinds of things you experience/suffer with over a period of time then go back with your info and see what your GP may think.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia