do i have this condition and does it help to know?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: do i have this condition and does it help to know?

Postby LouLou » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 am

Abbie, no worries

You are entitled to feel the way you do and I understand what you are saying. I don't like standing out or having to have special treatment either as I have always been so independant. Even now I still do things I know will make me worse as I hate asking for help. I am slowly learning to let things go a bit more lol but I agree it is hard.

FluppyPuffy wrote:I can more than understand why you're getting wrapped up in more and more cotton wool, esp from your parents.....it's something that gets switched on as soon as we have you offsprings in our life, it's an unconditional force of nature that makes us need to protect you from the horridness there is in the world, even when you're older and out there, experiencing the horridness yourself.

I know my parents hate to see me in pain, there have been times my mum has cried on the phone saying if she could have my pain off me she would, and that she wishes she could give me a break from it all. But I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, so I tend to try and hide just how bad I am sometimes. Make up is an amazing invention lol it hides all sorts and makes me at least sometimes look like I am not in pain even when I am lol.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby littleskibz1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Weirdly, If I voice I am in pain and need a heat pack or tablets I get the response of "no your not" from most. However my mum does seem to have an instinct where she can look up and know what to do before I say anything.
I am an independent and sporty person so I think any weakness I show annoys me and then I stress. Stress is depressing and depression causes pain, a vicious cycle. I reckon I could win a medal for the lack of emotion I show after growing up with this. People don't seem to realise that I did sport and have been independent before the diagnosis, and things have not got that much worse since then, so anything I could do then I can do now.
When I wake up in a morning I remind myself that giving the condition a name does not make it worse, and that as long as I don't allow myself to fall into the trap of giving up, I will still manage. I test the boundaries through high level competitions and remain unbeaten so am determined to meet the life objectives I set for myself before the diagnosis. (namely world championships).

Maybe fighting the condition makes it harder to mentally live with, but I could never live with myself if I did make it my life.

My grandparents used to say "If you are dealt a bad hand in life, make it a winning one" and that is quickly becoming my motto too.
littleskibz1
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Having life objectives can be a great way to keep you focussed and going Abbie and I really hope you can achieve them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Whatever you do, FM will keep lurking at the back or underneath things, so try to be mindful of that and be prepared to make some amendments and/or changes that may be necessary along the way.

None of us like to think we are giving up, altho at times it does seem like the best thing to do when you're at the bottom of that pit and can't find a way out. We each need to find the right way for us to live with how things are, but fighting against it definitely is detrimental, as I found out to my cost, both mentally and physically.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mummyzz » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm

i think im gonna have to go to the docs with this. Im just at the end of my tether really. Im sick of being in constant pain and pain killers doing nothing to help. Currently my biggest problem seems to be oersistant nagging pain in my neck/jaw/ear. Ive had a bit of cold but mainly pain in my face teeth ear area. Is it a cold, and infection, my teeth or FM? I just know its really getting to me. I cant think of anything but the pain. I think it has gone cause i get 5 minutes peace buts it back in no time. Its not excrutiating just down right annoying.

If its not that its back pain, or my right knee/ankle. Not to mention the constant body aches, headaches.

And my asthma and psorisis and IBS and....

are there really things that can help and is there anything i can try while i try and get this diagnosed?

Thanks for all your replies by the way.
mummyzz
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia