Where to get help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Where to get help

Postby Rachellou » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Ppl

I've recently been laid off from agency work and signed back on to JSA.

I've recently been struggling to do full time work and in a way relieved that I have had a few days off, I was struggling to do my housework and complete an easy task of put clothes on the airier without having to have a hot bath I'm fed up with struggling and the doctors are not listening to me, I got told off for taking Co-codamol high dosage everyday to the maximum limit,

I even told the doctor that I don't sleep the full night causing the fibro fog to set in which then causes me not wanting to drive my car in this condition because I forget where I'm going then I zone out.

I told the doctor I'm in constant pain and so far all they have done is painkillers and 14 days of sleeping tablets is there anywhere I can go and see about me getting any sort of help I don't feel like I'm being taken seriously by anyone including my family,

I even struggle to get out of the bath it's really getting me down

Thanks
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: Where to get help

Postby loopy2302 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

:( HI
No help i'm afraid but i feel exactly the same.
Its one of those 'hidden' conditions, therefore i'm sure people assume its just all in our minds.
I wish it was!!!
i have an atos medical next weekend re: esa and i always feel like i have to exaggerate my problems, as if being unable to lift
the kettle for my newborns bottle, get in/out of the bath and put my own socks on to name but a few problems isn't bad enough. :cry:
I've also been told to stop taking the co-codamol and because i had a brain bleed (totally UNRELATED to fms) last summer i'm very limited
on what medication i can take.
i've been thinking about trying 'alternative' therapy but have no idea where to start. and because i'm not working the cost implication factors heavily. :(
i did find an online list of 'fms sympathetic' gp's but there were none in my area, norfolk. maybe google the list yourself and see if there is one near you??
i hope you find some help. i feel like i'm getting to the stage where i'm just resigned to having this and 'putting up' with it.
hugs. xxx
loopy2302
UKFM Newbie

Postby AJay71 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Rachel,

I know what its like to have an unsympathetic doctor. If you are looking for a diagnosis may I suggest that you come right out with it and tell your doctor that you want, you need to be referred to a rheumatologist. You need to get to the bottom of this, it may take a while. (my first symptoms started over 20 years ago, it has been getting worse over the years.2001 was the tipping point and my mobility has never been the same since. And yet... I was only diagnosed with fibromyalgia on 21st December last year!)

You definitely need to put your foot down and say enough is enough. Demand to see the rheumatologist. Good luck Rachel, my thoughts are with you.

Gentle hugs
Amanda xXx
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Rachel

Have you another gp in your surgery who you could see? if not i would look into changing your doctors as having an understanding gp makes a big difference with fibro.

Or you could try printing out some treatments that are used for fibro and take it in to your gp and ask them if you could try something on the list as you cant get your pain under control. Here is a link you can print out-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

:goodluck1: hope this helps.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Where to get help

Postby Rachellou » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks for all the advice back to the doctors next week
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia