its a flare

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

its a flare

Postby mand » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:04 pm

IM in agony, i was hoping it was the weather but no.... i dont know wether to see gp as the last flare i had it was sorry your''e going to hate me...... you cannot have anything stronger than co-codamol because of the state of your stomach.......im driven to distraction :pull-hair: ........... is there anybody in the same situation, thanks guys sorry its not a long post im "tetchy"
mand
UKFM Member

Re: its a flare

Postby deanna dimech » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:26 pm

WE CANNOT HELP THE FLARE UPS BUT WE CAN UP THE PAIN KILLER'S SO IF I WAS YOU I WOULD ASK TO BE SENT TO THE PAIN MANAGMENT TEAM AT YOUR HOSPITAL. THERE ARE MANY PAIN KILLERS I CANNOT TAKE BUT THEY HAVE FOUND SOME THAT I CAN TAKE AS WELL AS ANTI SICKNESS AND ACID PILLS, GOOD LUCK
deanna dimech
UKFM Member

Postby Meg_Burdus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm having hydrotherapy once a week (only for 6 weeks though) and, although I am not in a flare at the moment, I do find going in the pool (34') very soothing. Is there any chance that your dr could ask for hydrotherapy? Although I can guarentee that you won't want to get out of the pool. I do find that a hot shower bring a bit of relief. Wheat bags. Hot water bottle. Hot bath. Unfortunately these are all temporary.
I wish I could be of more help hun. :(
Hope you come out of it soon. xx
Meg_Burdus
UKFM Member

Postby Borderslass » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:41 am

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, this damp & cold weather has certainly got me in pain too.
For Xmas I was given a Dreamland Intelliheat Heated Mattress Protector, It's brilliant as it has many different settings, including one called Ultra Warmth for total body relaxation, it has been an absolute godsend as it soothes the pain, you can even set it so it just warmed your feet, and you can have it on all night if needs be.
I would not be without it now.
I would highly recommend it.

hope your pain passes soon.
Regards
Borderslass
Life too dull for you ! then Polish The Bright Side
Borderslass
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi mand

So sorry you are going through a flare at the moment. I had a really bad few days last week where I was convinced I was dying. There was just no way I could be in that much pain and survive.

In regards to you meds, I too have stomach problems (IBS) and I'm asthamtic so I am really limited on what meds I can take. I'm on co codamol and tramadol and I find that the combination of those doesn't affect my stomach or asthma. May be worth a trip to your GP and tell him/her how desperate you are. For a lot of us on here we are all on such a variety of drugs to help us, it's just about finding one that suits you. If you find your GP isn't listening, is there any way you can see another one? Or take someone with you to help talk to the doctor about ho bad your pain is.

During a flare I make sure I rest, have lots of warm baths with lavender bubble bath (to help me sleep and relax) and keep yourself warm. The weather actually makes my FM worse and it's the same for many others on here. It's so up and down at the moment my body doesn't know what to do lol.

I hope you can get the relief and help you need soon.
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 am

Hi all, plodding on, the cold weather does affect me, its unfortunate i don't drive so rely on my feet and public transport, so waiting for the bus when starting/ finish work :snowgrumpy: and a bit of the white stuff mixed in..it's not helping, i cannot wait for the warmer weather. Plus been through stress my daughters have not been well a few more grey hairs with one of them

last week i started another hydo sessions :crazy: these are run at the local hospital every eight weeks, looking forward to this weeks, its a case of riding the storm hopefully wont last long, many thanks for posts, will mention to drs again next time i visit or if pain is too bad, just want somthing to help me with pain temporary, that or a magic wand

borderlass that matress cover sounds great for my feet, i cannot regulate body temp and most mornings around 5am starting to wake up sweating :oops: then cold after. I have a memory foam matress topper that help when im feeling ok

since fibro diagnosis ive aquired ibs, gastritis, irritable bladder,and recently raynaulds, i did have intollerances before fibro but red meat, pasta aggrivates me as well, also aneamic because of lady probs.....apart from that tickity boo,

think i need some warm on my bones that will cheer me up and stop me moaning :shock: , i do count my blessings as there are a lot worse than me ...... sending my best wishes and thanks for being there xxx
mand
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:36 am

Sorry you feeling unwell , it could be the cold as well as other things that have caused this flare. Totally agree about the trip to the heat, I always hear of others who at short notice manage to get a trip away to somewhere nice & warm in a wonderful 5* hotel all inclusiv for next to nothing. Me I'll be charged the full wack & then some !. As for not being able to take tablets , chat to your doc about getting an anti acid to take with more potent meds or even other ways of dipensing the meds , I am on patches which allow the med to bypass the stomach.

Good luck , no one in this day & age should be fobbed off by that excuse.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby LouLou » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

The weather definitely plays a part in my pain too.

It's gone so bitter the last 2 days and my pain has definitely gone up a notch along with the fatigue. Wrap up warm Mand, lots of warm baths when you can.

Agree with ISM though, there are so many things you can take these days for your stomach so that you can still have pain relief. If your GP won't listen, try and see another one. I know it all seems like a lot of fighting, but you are entitled to do what you can to help yourself.

Take Care

xx
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:36 pm

so no how u are feeling, i feel like il never feel good again. the cold is making it alot worse ,i was going shopping last night but OH wanted a sleep so when he got up an hour later i just couldnt face going out had to send him on his own. i was not happy as i wanted to go out even if it was to the supermarkit.i never no wether to sit still or keep moving.sit still i go stiff . keep moving im tired out. :crazy:
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi, still plodding, im still sore but my frame of mind is a little better...thinking the flare will not last for long :shock: (i hope), the weather affects me but to be honest ive had quite a bit of stress and constant running about so that hasn't helped......, had more fatigue bouts but had a rest, its the spasms that get me...especially hip and legs, litterally i can say every muscle has hurt this time...

anyway thanks for asking how im getting on, i really appreciate it, even knowing your virtual fibro mates know how your feeling, and take time to post it really cheers me up........ lets all wish for warmer weather many thanks and best wishes......mand x
mand
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Hope you feel better soon Mand. :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:55 am

Hi mand

I have everything crossed that your flare eases up soon for you. I know from experience that when I have had a lot going on and a lot of things stressing me out that it tends to lead me to a flare. I'm afraid there is no easy fix for that lol I guess it's just life. I tend to try and take things a bit easier when I feel a flare emerging and try to not stress about to much (easier said than done)

It really has gone very bitter this week so I think we are all in the same boat there. I just hope the spring arrives soon.

Take care of your self.
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia