Since my last flare

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Since my last flare

Postby TATT » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:01 am

Hi everyone,

Since my last flare I started jerking, I still get the muscle twitching but this is jerking and sometimes tremors in hands head feet.

Came out of flare but jerking continues, try magnesium and Clonazepam to see if it will help. It raises my anxiety especially as linked to other illness that can cause premature death.

Do you have daily jerking as one of your symptoms? To put my mind at rest. It gets worse if I stress, can't hold a glad without spilling if stressed. So I know my nervous system has been thoroughly blasted and this is the fallout I guess.

Will it go away or do I learn to live with it like everything else ? Be nice to know I am not alone. It will settle my anxiety.It affects my whole body and in a flare my eyes twitch my cheeks everything.

I have spoken to doctor but she was dealing with other stuff of my so did not mention it but I am having a full blood check so we will see.

Thanks in advance

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Re: Since my last flare

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Tatt , yes I get the jerks , used to be only at night in bed is now all the time but more so when I am sitting or resting. either that or I notice it more. its like someone gives you a short sharp balst of electricity, can be quite painful at times.

Just putting it down to FM what else did you think it was due to ?

How did you get one at the FM clinic (Professor Davis??), did you keep on the therapy?
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby TATT » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi ISM,

The other illnesses are due to other symptoms as well not just the jerking but, when feeling anxious I look around the web and it's really the worst thing to do. So really not worth the attention.

Yes I am still under Prof Davies, the flupirtine is really good, I get 8-10 hours sleep I am in no pain somedays which is phenomenal. I can still over do things and it comes back and my fatigue kicks in too. But as long as I pace and stay away from triggers. Ie: noise, certain foods, family stress etc I have days where I forget I have fibro.

So even though my husband pays £120 for 6 weeks medication I am very grateful and hope to continue. How's things with you?

Tatt x
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Hi Tatt

I get that too. At first it used to only happen when I was just falling asleep or if I was over tired but now if I am resting on the sofa I will get the odd jerk/twitch. If OH is next to me he feels it and just laughs.

Part of me thinks it may be something to do with our meds?? Or the actual pain we feel in our muscles could be doing all sorts inside - the body is a strange strange thing lol.

As a few others on here have mentioned this kind of thing before I think it is likely to be FM related but if it is causing you a lot of stress and worry mention it to you gp. It's on my list of things to chat to my GP about at my next review in a few weeks.

Sending you some gentle hugs
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:24 pm

i to get this dr told me it was the fibro. like pp said im sure some meds do it to . but mostly its the fibro.it will settle at some point but like all fibro things can come for months and then go. your find lots of funny things going on. and the more u worry the wrost it gets. it is scary u sit and think u have so many things. or u read on the net about diffrent diseases. and u think omg i shake omg i jerk and then u get more stressed. so try not to worry hun im sure your find its the joy of fibro xxxxhugs
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia