Nausea

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nausea

Postby Flaw » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Does anyone suffer from really bad nausea? And I don't mean med side affects. I feel sick all the time, even before my diagnoses and med days. A real pit of your stomach sick bug feeling and spending some time hovering near the toilet.

This is one of the worst things for me. I hate it! Being sick really takes it out of me too- probably another reason I panic about it!

Damn you Fibro, damn yoooouuuu!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Re: Nausea

Postby masonsbarms » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:18 pm

hi, flaw i do have bouts of feeling or being sick but not all the time ,

have you mentioned it to your gp he may be able to give you something for it or find the reason for it,

i feel for me it happens during certain times of my cycle like half way through during and just after,

hope you get some reilef from it soon.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby Flaw » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:26 pm

I haven't mentioned it yet, I've been trying to get an appointment for the last 2 months but my gp is booked up! I wouldn't see anyone else at the practice as they don't understand fibro. My gp is fantastic and it's her medical speciality, she's always trying to educate herself.
Doesn't help when I can't get an appointment though.

I figure it's a fibro thing though? Just wondering what people take, if anything, that might help.
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby JulieG » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Nausea

I'm so glad you have posted on this subject. I seriously put my nausea down to the pain ??
It comes and goes and is with me right now, maybe I should talk to my GP about it too,
I haven't mentioned it to her as I say I thought it was down to being in pain :( x
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby JulieG » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Dam you Fibro, damn you !!!!!
[quote="JulieG"]Nausea

Sorry the spelling is another thing I now have issues with so again damn you Fibro :'(
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby Flaw » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:42 pm

I actually didn't think to put it down to the pain. Although sometimes I'll feel awfully sick on a good-ish day. I can never tell whether I've caught a bug or it's the fibro.
I feel so awful today. Meant to have a 9:30 appointment with the JC tomorrow but don't think I can make it. That adds to the stress and makes everything worse!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby JulieG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:02 am

Flaw

I am sat here at 5.30 am as my sleep patterns are totally shot now. I think my dog has a Urinary Tract Infection and also
noticed yesterday that my right big toe is peeling skin and looking rather red, so it seems I may have to venture to both
the Vets and the Doctor's today !!! Like you this adds to the stress and it's bitterly cold out there even though I need to
get a lift to both places, it's all too much. I'd like to start a new thread but not sure how. I find myself sinking into what
I call a 'black cloud' where it feels like 'can I carry on with this struggle, will anyone take me seriously' believing they only
will understand if I were able to let them live in my body for a few days :( I've just been refused higher rate DLA and as
I need to go to so many hospital visits I don't know how I'm going to afford it, oh yes I've asked for Hospital Transport
but nothing has come forward as in the counselling recommended by the Rhuematics Hospital 6 months ago, I'm tearing
at the walls here. Fibro is not my only issue, I have been diagnosed with 3 chronic illness's in the past 12 months (though
I think the Fibro has been coming on for at least 4 years) What do we do, where do we get proper help ?? I feel lost
in my own bubble left to deal with this and all that comes with it, sending hugs to all fellow sufferers xxxx
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:28 pm

Hi Flaw

Fibro on its on will not cause you nausea, you say its not side affect from your meds. You might have picked up a virus or a bug?

You should go to see your gp to get it checked out, it could be connected to one of your other illnesses.?

There are pain courses you can go on, ask your gp about them, i went on a living with pain course it lasted for 8 weeks and it was 2 hrs a week at my hospital.

You could also see if there are any support groups in your area, we have a list of groups in the support groups section. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JulieG » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Thank you Shaz

I have just returned from my GP's surgery, the toe has a slight infection and they want me to soak it in salt water before going the anti biotics route. But I saw a new GP there and he was talking about Fibro as though he had it himself, he understood so much and told me that there are a lot of helping techniques and he can really help me, as he says Fibro tends to blow up any other issues we may have, so have come back with a double appointment for Thursday and for the first time in months some positivity :-) I will report back on how I get on and hopefully will have some tips that may help other members xxx
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby Flaw » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Shaz,
The nausea I've had for at least a couple of years or so. I've had fibro for ten but I also have other fibro symptoms I never suffered from before (it's getting worse!) I always thought feeling sick was part of it. I do have an underactive thyroid and anaemia but my levels are stabilised at the moment. I guess I'll just ask my gp when I go. Think I'm going to have to see someone else as she's booked up till April. I'll mention a pain clinic too- but all the rest of the Doctors have been useless when I've been about pain and fibro. They have no idea what I'm talking about. You'd think they'd then go away and educate themselves.

Hope there's nothing more sinister going on! I have another smear tomorrow (yuck!) as my results were abnormal. I'll be worrying myself silly now.

Julie, your gp sounds lovely. It really helps to have someone listen to you properly!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 pm

I don't think it's anything to do with fibro as I've been the same for as long as I can remember - I feel sick quite frequently, and at night when I was a teenager it was awful, I have grown out of it a lot, though still feel sick quite a bit. Luckily, on the other hand, I'm rarely actually sick, so if that's the trade off, I'm happy to continue feeling sick a lot!
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby Flaw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:47 am

What do you think your sickness is then jenn? Just the way we are? I hate the waves of nausea! Urgh!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:28 am

Hi Flaw & Jenn, I have had nausea for ages ,way before the dx of FM but took it to be linked with acid reflux I can have from my stomach. I had a camera thingy quite a few years ago and was told I had areas of erosin in my stomach rather than ulcers. I was then given an anti acid and anti nausea . As things have gone on & I have added other things on my list of ailments my meds have also increased so I then put down the nausea etc to all teh other meds . I still take the anti acid and nausea and feel loads better because of it , should I forget to take them I certainly feel it and end up eating something to combat teh acid.

As others have said best to get anything that is not the norm checked with the GP.

Good luck
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby JulieG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks Flaw

I came away for the first since diagnosis (about 12 months, but like a lot of you think it's been lurking a lot longer)
with some hope in my heart, I did briefly ask him about the nausea and she just said that many, many things come
along with Fibro and that we''l discuss it in our double appointment, so anything I pick up which may be useful I will
of course share. Up to now I've only spoken to Dr's Consultants even, that have no idea how hard it is to live with
Fibro and have no comprehension of how we struggle especially during a 'flare up' Good Luck everyone and I hope
I've found the much needed help AND understanding in this new GP xxx
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:17 am

I suffer from nausea now and then. I put it down to the IBS which goes hand in hand with fibro. Ginger tea seems to help settle my stomach and also doing something to take my mind of it. I do have an absolute phobia about being sick so it becomes a real issue when I do feel nauseous. I can't stand seeing peole throwing up on TV programmes or piles of sick in the street. :oops:
monica
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia