Nausea

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Nausea

Postby Flaw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm the same Monica! If family or my partner are vomiting in afraid I'm no use and run for the hills! Can't watch people being ill on tv or it sets me off, if someone says "I feel sick" it makes me feel sick. Just you mentioning sick on pavements made me shudder! Blurgh!

Maybe I'll try an an anti acid or something!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:20 pm

Julie & flaw Did you feel nausea when you are laying down in bed as well?

I was thinking along the same lines as ISM acid reflux, its common with fibro. many of us have to take meds everyday for it so its worth asking your gp about it on your next visit. :goodluck1: to both of you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JulieG » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 pm

Hi Shazq

Yes I feel it lying down too hence it can't be balance or vertigo ?? But I mostly find it at it's worse
after I have a nap which I do daily at least once or twice due to the fatigue. I will ask my new
GP on Thursday more about this, I hate it, as if the rest is not enough :( xx
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby jennthefunkyranger » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Flaw wrote:What do you think your sickness is then jenn? Just the way we are? I hate the waves of nausea! Urgh!

No idea! But I'm not worried about it, as I've been like this for so long I doubt it's anything serious, just one of those things. It has got better now I've got older.
jennthefunkyranger
UKFM Member

Postby Flaw » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 pm

I don't get it specifically laying down- although I do get bouts of vertigo. It's more just waves of sickness that come on. It's horrid. Can't find anything it's triggered by either. I'll mention it to the doc but will probably just put it down to 'one of those things'
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby scouseproud » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:43 pm

Hiya,

I am so glad someone has brought this up!

I have had nausea for years and when it 1st started the docs told me to stop drinking. I gave up drinking altogether a couple of years ago and the nausea remained. I went to see my gp and they refered me to gastro. I had been taking motilium (domperidone maleate)regularly to deal with hangovers when I used to drink and that is what they prescribed me to combat the nausea, somewhat ironically. I have recently recieved a diagnosis of fibromyalgia after over a year of pain and confusion and lots of tests coming back negative. I guess now I have an explanation for the nausea, which is now being made 10 times worse by duloxetine. I would definately recommend domperidone for nausea though, there are no side effects I have noticed and it is really effective. I couldn't live without it. I was also prescribed cyclizine at one point but it was horrendously sedating so I rarely take it.

Hope this helps

Best wishes
scouseproud
UKFM Member

Postby JulieG » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi

I'm Teetotal so my nausea is definitely not down to drinking, spoke to my GP yesterday who wants me to take
Duloxotine, so reading this I don't want to take it at all :( He just shrugged it off saying that Fibro comes with
so many other issues and it's a vicious circle, yeh like that really helps. Have been told though that Pregabalin
is very good, that was by other sufferers though not the uesless doctors who don't seem to have a clue, just
wish I could give them a few flare up days, then they'd do more investigative work !! xxxx
JulieG
UKFM Member

Postby monica » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:57 am

I'm the same Monica!

Glad I'm not the only one Flaw! :oops:

I'm also teetotal so my nausea has nothing to do with alcohol. I think mine is when my IBS is playing me up.
monica
UKFM Member

Nausea (sickness)

Postby penfriend » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 pm

Its not a new topic really, but I recently had a virus, after catching it from my husband/carer, and our doctor prescribed Buccastem 3 mg. tablets for our sickness and I must say that it did help a lot. The tablet has to dissolve between the upper lip and gum. I am suggesting this in case it may help someone. I have M.E. (from PPS) and Fibro and IBS and a few other additions, but do not normally get much sickness. It took 6 weeks for me to improve from the virus and only 2 weeks my husband, so just shows the difference for us with Fibro. Love Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Re: Nausea (sickness)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:28 pm

Penfriend, with this topic on the same subject already running I've merged your post into it as what you have said may be of benefit to others.

Buccastem M can be bought OTC http://www.boots.com/en/Buccastem-M-8-tablets_873115/ If anyone tries it, please make sure you check with the on~duty pharmacist that it will be OK for use with other meds/supplements/herbally~alternative treatments you may be taking/using incl those bought OTC.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby penfriend » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Thank you fluppy-puppy for placing my comment in the right place. I was just too tired to find it. I must say that this drug did help us both, so hope it might help someone else. You are quite right to advise checking though, in case of problems with other drugs. I was o.k. on it. sincerely, penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby teepee » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:05 pm

im soooo pleased it is not just me!!! :( I thought it was just me or my medication, it can be so bad some days i just can`t face food :crazy: i did mention it to my gp and she thought it might be the meds, or though it can catch me at any time of the day, i have it now and have spent most of the day fighting to keep things down!! :oops:
teepee
UKFM Member

Postby Flaw » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm

There's some comfort knowing it's not just me! It is awful, but it probably is some kind of fibro symptom or related. I know how you feel teepee- some days food stresses me out so much. I know I need to eat to feel better but I'll feel so sick I can't face food, let along having the strength to cook meal some days. I wish there was a little food pill I could take!
Flaw
UKFM Member

Postby lolo73 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Gastro intestinal upset IS a known element of fibro, I too get the nausea. My GP has prescribed me Domperidone for it, although it helps I hate taking it because it makes my breasts swell and produce milk, despite my now 4yr (last baby) never being breastfed. Everyone has different elements to their fibro, we are just the unlucky ones. x
lolo73
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia